+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Itunes insists on update to 1.1.2 with a version 1.1.1 unlocked iphone

is a discussion within the

Unlocking / Activation

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
This is an amazing forum. I have learned alot but I still am having trouble with an unlocked phone I purchased on ebay. It is an 8gig Iphone that has
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Question Itunes insists on update to 1.1.2 with a version 1.1.1 unlocked iphone
    This is an amazing forum. I have learned alot but I still am having trouble with an unlocked phone I purchased on ebay. It is an 8gig Iphone that has anysim and jailbreak on it and it works great with my current sim card. When I tried to sync to Itunes I get an error message that takes me to the support page and tells me that a new version of firmware needs to be loaded. I restored an earlier version of Itunes 7.4.x hoping this could be avoided but no luck. Then I tried to download the version 1.1.1 firmware and used the shift key to select what upgrade I needed to keep the same one on the phone but nothing changed. It still wants the firmware upgrade. Is there any other way of doing this for a newbie without frying my Iphone. It is one slick piece of hardware.
    Cheers and Thanks

Thedubemaster

Banned
    Thanks

the person that unlocked it for u is probably an idiot and downgraded to unlock and then upgraded. there are TONS of guides on this site that will tell u how to upgarde to the firmware and still unlock the phone. Be brave and don't hold back!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to fat x nub For This Useful Post:

thedubemaster (12-04-2007)

Green Apple
    Thanks

you shouldnt have to do anything when it tells you to upgrade, you should be able just to click on the tabs that go across the top (music,movies, ect...) and go ahead and put all of your music on....worked for me

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Thanks dude; Could you just run it by me what I should do and I'll look up all the steps in the forums. Where to begin when the phone is in this state. Should I downgrade it first,mod then upgrade etc. Not real proficient at this stuff yet. Thanks

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

This is the message I get when I hook up the Iphone

"Itunes cannot read the contents of Iphone "^1". Go to the summary tab in Iphone preferences and click restore to restore to factory settings."

When I go there it wants to download 1.1.2. What to do oh what to do??

This is the message I get when I hook up the Iphone

"Itunes cannot read the contents of Iphone "^1". Go to the summary tab in Iphone preferences and click restore to restore to factory settings."

When I go there it wants to download 1.1.2. What to do oh what to do??
    Last edited by thedubemaster; 12-04-2007 at 08:40 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost