+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Uk 1.1.2 Iphone - can it be unlocked??

is a discussion within the

Unlocking / Activation

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
Hi, Getting really confused about this. Is it possible to unlock a brand new iphone 1.1.2 to use an o2 payg sim and have full functioanlity? Matt
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Uk 1.1.2 Iphone - can it be unlocked??
    Hi,

Getting really confused about this.

Is it possible to unlock a brand new iphone 1.1.2 to use an o2 payg sim and have full functioanlity?

Matt

Green Apple
    Thanks

read the topic at the top of this page for OTB 1.1.2 phones

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Yes. It is possible. The topic at the top of this forum is obsolete now. I've unlocked my iphone from a 1.1.2 OTB iphone down to 1.0.2. (only major difference is lack of wifi istore) and it worked perfectly with any network.

However, i reccomend using the guide below if you want to use an o2 sim. It doesn't unlock, it just activates. This will only allow you to use o2 payg sims, not other networks.

http://hackint0sh.org/forum/showthread.php?t=15849

Add me to MSN if you need help ([email protected])

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by encore2k6 View Post
    Yes. It is possible. The topic at the top of this forum is obsolete now. I've unlocked my iphone from a 1.1.2 OTB iphone down to 1.0.2. (only major difference is lack of wifi istore) and it worked perfectly with any network.

However, i reccomend using the guide below if you want to use an o2 sim. It doesn't unlock, it just activates. This will only allow you to use o2 payg sims, not other networks.

I sure hope you are referring to your iPhone being just a "iTouch" with 1.0.2. Because you CANNOT unlock any phone with 1.1.2 OTB to be used with a different carrier. Thats the whole problem the new BL stops you from doing that. You can jailbreak it so you can access a Wi-Fi iPod/iTouch but thats about it.

Livin the iPhone Life yowiphone's Avatar
    Thanks

Thats not possible yet, its only possible to software unlock if you updated you firmware from 1.0.2 or 1.1.1 to 1.1.2 but not OTB 1.1.2.

Yet you can only jailbreak OTB 1.1.2.
    Last edited by yowiphone; 12-02-2007 at 02:32 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Iphone Love... I dreamed of a iphone before it was out..

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Right.

I think i may have explained myself wrong. I dont want to unlock it. I just want to use an o2 payg simcard.

So... if i have a 1.1.2 uk iphone can i get around the activation and use a payg simcard in it?

Matt

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Anual and yowiphone are wrong, because my 1.1.2 OTB iphone was unlocked in 1.0.2. for use with any payg sim and i made received calls, sent receives texts. the lot.

immortal beast you can. yes. you can also use o2 sims with a 10 minute procedure of downgrading to 1.1.1., OktoPrep'ing and then upgrading again and jailbreaking.

Livin the iPhone Life yowiphone's Avatar
    Thanks

[QUOTE=encore2k6;113257]Anual and yowiphone are wrong, because my 1.1.2 OTB iphone was unlocked in 1.0.2. for use with any payg sim and i made received calls, sent receives texts. the lot.

immortal beast you can. yes. you can also use o2 sims with a 10 minute procedure of downgrading to 1.1.1., OktoPrep'ing and then upgrading again and jailbreaking.[/QUOThe new bootloader stops you from Doing that.

That is Only possible if you had an Unlocked 1.1. then Upgtaded to 1.1.2.
    Iphone Love... I dreamed of a iphone before it was out..

Green Apple
    Thanks

Anual and yowiphone are wrong
    Anual and yowiphone are right