Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: simple unlocking question

Exclamation simple unlocking question
    I have a iPhone i bought Oct 15, running 1.1.1 which i upgraded to 1.1.2 through iTunes. It has no mods or jailbreaks on it - standard iPhone.

I want to be able to use my phone on my holiday abroad for a month. I was wondering if there is anyway to unlock the phone, and then when i get back, bring it back to stock - relocked and everything so it can be updated and used as usual with AT&T. I have no interest in hacking or modding beyond this one month use abroad.

All answers are appreciated! thank you so much!

(I have a macbook pro running leopard 10.5.1 and iTunes 7.5)

for sure, just downgrade back down to 1.1.1, then jailbreak, activate, and unlock, there are all the guides to do these processes in the guides secton up top

yeah, i know i can get my phone unlocked pretty easily. ive read as much. what im most keen to do though, is after this process, bring my phone back to apple original.
    ive read about a tool call the virginizer or the like, but it seems to only be useful to previously hacked 1.0.2 iphones.
    Is it possible to bring back the iphone, to a state where an apple employee would not know the phone had ever been 'hacked' (locked and jailed, ofcourse), from an unlocked state?

Thanks again!
    Last edited by couchpotato124; 12-01-2007 at 06:12 AM.