+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Sim Locked - Need help desperately

is a discussion within the

Unlocking / Activation

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
All I was following a guide to virginize by my from 1.0.2 and upgrade to 1.1.1 then to 1.2. I have managed to get 1.1.1 on the phone, but my
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Sim Locked - Need help desperately
    All

I was following a guide to virginize by my from 1.0.2 and upgrade to 1.1.1 then to 1.2.

I have managed to get 1.1.1 on the phone, but my SIM is locked on the activation screen (says insert an unlocked and valid SIM).

I've really got no idea where to go from here........bit of **** up !

Can anyone help in terms of what i need to do to proceed or to start again to get the phone working ?????

Green Apple
    Thanks

Post your steps please. What I think is, that you've virginized and gone uptill 1.1.1. You phone WILL be locked at that state cuz you've virginized it at 1.0.2. Now use anySIM 1.2.1u to unlock. After it says unlocked successfully, you still wont have calling functionality. Dont bother. Just install oktoprep, upgrade to 1.1.2 and jailbreak! You will have full signal then!

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DaleWinton View Post
    All

I was following a guide to virginize by my from 1.0.2 and upgrade to 1.1.1 then to 1.2.

I have managed to get 1.1.1 on the phone, but my SIM is locked on the activation screen (says insert an unlocked and valid SIM).

I've really got no idea where to go from here........bit of **** up !

Can anyone help in terms of what i need to do to proceed or to start again to get the phone working ?????
    there is a guide you can follow and trace your steps and hope yoiu can get it done at www.hacktheiphone.com Hope it helps. let me know you acn send me a privatte message

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

What if i lost the AT&T SIM (I am using a different one)?
    It says I need a valid or unlocked SIM. I try to follow the directions from www.hacktheiphone.com but i cannot do anyrhing because of the locked SIM.
    Does it mean i can never unlock my iPhone? Is there a way to enter the PIN and unlock the SIM (the phone in this virgin state doesn't prompt for SIM PIN entry)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

you have to unlock and jail break the phone your safe just follow theses steps i will post them hold on but this will be so u can activate and jailbreak the phone

and you will need wifi in your house or were your at do u have wifi
    Last edited by hotboyarchie; 12-08-2007 at 02:05 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost