Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: $100 to whom ever can fix my Iphone

Unhappy $100 to whom ever can fix my Iphone
    OK I'll Pay you via paypal if you fix my iphone for me.
    I desperate to get it working.

I using a Mac but i also have access to a windows based computer.

my iphone is stuck in a endless reboot loop with kernel.
    as seen here

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JdCBt3VBqow"]YouTube - iPhone Restore Problem with iTunes 7.4[/ame]

i have gone through the steps i've found on hackintosh with apptapp and using terminal to ./iphonecomm -s 4 and all that but it's not working.

my iphone is running 1.02 and was unlocked via the guide on this website with iunlock etc. i was having problems when i installed summerboard but managed to fix it. then the other week i had more problems my phone was running slow etc. so i restored with a newer itunes and the older independnace and this happened.

i can get into restore mode with a yellow tringale and itunes will recognizes the iphone as been in recovery mode i can restore software 1.02 but it just ends up rebooting the same as before.

if you fix my phone i'll pay via paypal to your email.

i just want my iphone working don't have another phone at the moment so i'm gutted.

please help.

Did you try DFU mode?

My iPhone is a Part of Me Sidetalker's Avatar
    Thanks

try downloading one of the other firmwares (1.1.1 or 1.1.2) and restore to that and see how your phone and itunes react...
    For Help
    Private Message, Email, or AIM
    (My response time might be a little long)

GUIDES:
    Expect more when I find something guide-worthy.
    PM me and let me know if you need one.

hold sleep and home button until it shuts down release sleep button continue holding home button 30 secs it should do it....
    SkiHound ,,, Loves his Iphone,

who won the 100 dollars?

Guys LOOK AT His face.I tough he had done lots of things to get his ipone back.
    Make the recovery another pc.I am not an expert but this is my sense.Clear pc that isnt used by an iphone before.

Hook it up to ibrickr and boot your phone from that

My iPhone is a Part of Me Sidetalker's Avatar
    Thanks

hold sleep and home button until it shuts down release sleep button continue holding home button 30 secs it should do it....
    he said in his explanation that restoring the phone does nothing...read.

who won the 100 dollars?
    lol

Guys LOOK AT His face.I tough he had done lots of things to get his ipone back.
    Make the recovery another pc.I am not an expert but this is my sense.Clear pc that isnt used by an iphone before.
    maybe?

Hook it up to ibrickr and boot your phone from that
    i doubt that will do it since a restore doesnt but who knows...

if you wanna get on AIM or something ill do my best to help you
    For Help
    Private Message, Email, or AIM
    (My response time might be a little long)

GUIDES:
    Expect more when I find something guide-worthy.
    PM me and let me know if you need one.

i've tried Ibrickr that didn't work.
    I"ve tried the whole restore hold home button down deal didn't work

just get the endless reboot.

how to i get my iphone into dfu mode???

the $100 is still up for grabs, if you can do it then I'll pay you that day.

Quote Originally Posted by skihound View Post
    Try that method while having phone charge through outlet.

Thanks

Oh thats an easy one, i had that a while back.
    Here ya go:
    http://www.iphoneatlas.com/2007/09/0...e-and-re-hack/

$100 is gone,
    fixed it buy upgrading to 1.1.1 in DFU mode.

will post how tomorrow

Put your iphone on the dock and put it on DFU mode then restart.
    Iphone Love... I dreamed of a iphone before it was out..

Thanks

I bet Porkepig focks ya out of the $100.bucks. that happened to me when i tried to skip steps in jailbreaking. i was sweat'n for a while and said I'll never try to jailbreak again. that lasted about 10 minutes after i DFU my phone and got it working again. then i jaibreaked the right way

had that very same problem ! but i was able to fix it

you will need-
    iphone versons 1.0.2, 1.1.1 ,1.1.2 (download from mmi downloads)
    ibricka

i used a pc (not mac)
    step 1 get itunes 7.4 or later running
    step 2 connect iphone to pc
    step 3 hold down the power and home button may take some time when screen goes black release power button but keep holding the home button untill itunes picks it up in recovery mode
    step 4 (you must have all the firmwares downloaded to your desktop b4 proceeding) itunes will tell you that you need to recover your iphones firmware . in itunes hold down your shift key and click on restore. a dialog will appear select firmware version 1.1.2 and restore.
    step 5 after that you will have to downgrede firmware and baseband using this guide
    http://www.modmyi.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15310

only thing i done differently in the guide above was i used ibricka to downgrade from 1.1.1 to 1.0.2 it make it a bit easya and when itunes said that it did not downgrage open ibricka and it will say boot iphone

it work like a dream and i waz shittin myslef and my iphone was 1.1.1 firmware otb
    let me know how it went ! or if you have any questions?

open ibricka and chick on boot iphone

edit didint wont the money just a thanks would be nice!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    because i know wot it feels like
    Last edited by bertyshowbag; 11-30-2007 at 07:13 PM.

If your iphone is running 1.02 software and is stuck in an endless reboot loop here’s how to fix it.

My phone had the following symptoms

Would reboot when I made a software restore in 1.02
    Would reboot to a black screen then white text would scroll down the screen for about 20sec then reboot.

How to fix.

I was using a mac.
    I had itunes 7.4.2 (freshly installed no existing plist files) to remove any existing itunes files. Just search them in finder and remove anything that has itunes in it. Drag them to the recycling bin.

1. get your phone into DFU mode.
    2. this is done by first placing your phone into recovery mode.
    3. hold down the home and start button until your apple logo appears let go of the power button and hold the home button till you get a black screen ( your iphone needs to be connected to your computer) hold the home button till itunes detects your iphone.
    4. You will know if you are in DFU mode as itunes will detect your iphone but your iphone will have a black screen.
    5. Now do a restore to 1.1.1 using the alt select firmware method. ( hold down alt button then click restore itunes will then ask your to locate the firmware.)
    6. Let the restore take place this will take longer than 1.02 as the file is about 20mb bigger.
    7. fingers crossed your iphone should now be running and functional on 1.1.1
    8. Follow this guide

http://www.modmyi.com/wiki/index.php...out_of_the_box

to get your iphone jailbroken and unlocked. Make sure once you’ve jailbroken your iphone you install BSD subsystem from installer.

Hope this works for you as it worked for me great.

Cheers
    paul

If your iphone is running 1.02 software and is stuck in an endless reboot loop here’s how to fix it.
    My phone had the following symptoms

Would reboot when I made a software restore in 1.02
    Would reboot to a black screen then white text would scroll down the screen for about 20sec then reboot.

How to fix.

I was using a mac.
    I had itunes 7.4.2 (freshly installed no existing plist files) to remove any existing itunes files. Just search them in finder and remove anything that has itunes in it. Drag them to the recycling bin.

1. get your phone into DFU mode.
    2. this is done by first placing your phone into recovery mode.
    3. hold down the home and start button until your apple logo appears let go of the power button and hold the home button till you get a black screen ( your iphone needs to be connected to your computer) hold the home button till itunes detects your iphone.
    4. You will know if you are in DFU mode as itunes will detect your iphone but your iphone will have a black screen.
    5. Now do a restore to 1.1.1 using the alt select firmware method. ( hold down alt button then click restore itunes will then ask your to locate the firmware.)
    6. Let the restore take place this will take longer than 1.02 as the file is about 20mb bigger.
    7. fingers crossed your iphone should now be running and functional on 1.1.1
    8. Follow this guide

to get your iphone jailbroken once you have jailbroken your iphone,
    install BSD subsystem from installer. Then add a source in installer http://i.unlock.no
    once you have done this. Now you need to check if your ime is the same and on the back of your iphone. Your ime is under general settings – about. If it does not match youneed to install The Virginizer. This if found under installer under unlocking tools.
    Install this and run it and let your phone reboot and turn on.

You will now have to run through the guide at

and install BSD subsystem again.

This in installer under unlocking tools install Any Sim and run it.
    Let it do its thing for about 5mins.
    Now your done you should have a unlocked iphone running on 1.1.1
    Hope this works for you as it worked for me great.

cheers
    Paulb
    Last edited by porkepig; 12-02-2007 at 03:29 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

SideTalker won the $100 bucks?