+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Only 1 week to figure this out

is a discussion within the

Unlocking / Activation

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
Hey Guys, Ive posted other threads but havent gotten answer...i need to unlock my phone for any sim to take to italy with me. I installed the anysim app and
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Default Only 1 week to figure this out
    Hey Guys,

Ive posted other threads but havent gotten answer...i need to unlock my phone for any sim to take to italy with me. I installed the anysim app and it bricked my phone im wiping the phone out right now...anyone have any suggestions?

Green Apple
    Thanks

Ya use winpwn here Main Page - WinPwn

or use iliberty or ziphone i would use ziphone as a last resort though
    Last edited by razorone; 06-09-2008 at 10:51 AM.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to razorone For This Useful Post:

watsgoodg (06-09-2008)

Thanks

wow thanks razorone for the fast reply ill give it a try and let you guys know how it turns out...they should make a sticky for this.

Livin the iPhone Life Apple iPie's Avatar
    Thanks

Sticky for what? There are a LOT of guides here. Which FW version do u have?
    WINPWN works with 1.1.3/4 ONLY!

Thanks

im on version 1.1.3...tried pawn wasnt sure what to do after i installed it?

Livin the iPhone Life Poseidon79's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

Easiest solution is iLiberty. Go up to Guides at the top and click on "I just got my iphone.. where do I start?"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks

use the search button and look around a little
    http://modmyi.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=303541&dateline=12514  03473

Thanks

ok i tried pwned and didnt get anything...i liberty errors out when i try to open it...i made sure .frameworks is installed. My phone is already jailbroken i have installer and im on 1.1.3 there has to be an easy solution for this...at this point might as well just buy a prepaid phone

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by watsgoodg View Post
    ok i tried pwned and didnt get anything...i liberty errors out when i try to open it...i made sure .frameworks is installed. My phone is already jailbroken i have installer and im on 1.1.3 there has to be an easy solution for this...at this point might as well just buy a prepaid phone
    Before unlocking after a jailbreak I'd restore. Don't listen to the stubborn fools that tell you to use ZiPhone, it rapes your baseband so it cannot be restored to its original state (thus completely voiding your warranty, with no hope of salvaging it). Then use Iliberty+ (make sure it is iliberty+) Then open it up. It should recognise your phone is connected via USB. Make sure every box is ticked then click go for it! The instructions that follow are simple enough, all you have to do is unplug and replug when it tells you. Then leave it, do not touch it til it is on the iPhone home screen, do not unplug it as I did, if you think its crashed it probably hasn't (it doesn't take too long). Then you're iPhone is as it should be.
    iLiberty will install Cydia on your phone, which is like Installer but easier to use. However there are some apps and themes not available on Cydia so you can install Installer through Cydia (look for Installer or apptapp installer, if its not there then download the new source lists first). Then you can have cydia and installer on the phone!
    Last edited by thestrangestick; 06-10-2008 at 08:15 AM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by thestrangestick View Post
    Before unlocking after a jailbreak I'd restore. Don't listen to the stubborn fools that tell you to use ZiPhone, it rapes your baseband so it cannot be restored to its original state (thus completely voiding your warranty, with no hope of salvaging it). Then use Iliberty+ (make sure it is iliberty+) Then open it up. It should recognise your phone is connected via USB. Make sure every box is ticked then click go for it! The instructions that follow are simple enough, all you have to do is unplug and replug when it tells you. Then leave it, do not touch it til it is on the iPhone home screen, do not unplug it as I did, if you think its crashed it probably hasn't (it doesn't take too long). Then you're iPhone is as it should be.
    iLiberty will install Cydia on your phone, which is like Installer but easier to use. However there are some apps and themes not available on Cydia so you can install Installer through Cydia (look for Installer or apptapp installer, if its not there then download the new source lists first). Then you can have cydia and installer on the phone!
    Thanks for the reply i wish i would have gotten this like at 9am before i used iliberty3 and totally bricked my phone...i tried unlocking it and it got to the point where it scrolls text on my phone looks like a dos promp and it got stuck there and the phone was not seen by my computer...when i first jailbroke 1.1.3 i used zipphone is this going to cause me a problem in the furture? anyways im going to restore back to 1.1.4 and then use iliberty+ to jailbreak and unlock. Let me know any feedback you guys have. I guess the only way to learn is from your mistake i have bricked my phone from 1.0.2, 1.1.1, 1.1.2, and now of course 1.1.3 gettin pretty good at this lol.