Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: anySIM- limited times allowed?

Default anySIM- limited times allowed?
    Hi all,

I've managed to unlock my Iphone (firmware 1.1.1) using anySIM successfully.

Was a scary process but nonetheless successful one (thanks to the anySIM developers!)

2 Questions:

1) Assuming if I decide to swap SIM (for e.g. travelling in Europe). Do I merely change the SIM card ? i.e. no longer the need to run anySIM app again? or do I have to run anySIM constantly when changing the SIM card ?

2) If so, is there a limit ?

Thanks a mil'.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ensemble View Post
    Hi all,1) Assuming if I decide to swap SIM (for e.g. travelling in Europe). Do I merely change the SIM card ? i.e. no longer the need to run anySIM app again? or do I have to run anySIM constantly when changing the SIM card ?

2) If so, is there a limit ?

Thanks a mil'.
    No need to run AnySIM again (until you upgrade that is). Just stick the new SIM in. Also, make sure you install the patched Lockdownd file (you can get it in the downloads section) so when you put the new SIM in, it won't ask you to re-activate your phone.

No time limit (until you upgrade that is)
    Get "iPod & iTunes for Dummies", it'll change your life.

Quote Originally Posted by Eurisko View Post
    No need to run AnySIM again (until you upgrade that is). Just stick the new SIM in. Also, make sure you install the patched Lockdownd file (you can get it in the downloads section) so when you put the new SIM in, it won't ask you to re-activate your phone.

Thanks for your swift reply!

This Lockdownd file, how can I check whether the version I have requires to be updated/replaced from the new one ? Kinda afraid of copying/removing files on the iphone.

Quote Originally Posted by Eurisko View Post

Thanks for your swift reply!

This Lockdownd file, how can I check whether the version I have requires to be updated/replaced from the new one ? Kinda afraid of copying/removing files on the iphone.
    Last edited by ensemble; 11-28-2007 at 05:32 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

iPhone? More like MyPhone RC_OZ's Avatar
    Thanks

There is a limit on how many times you can unlock a phone however.

Quote Originally Posted by RC_OZ View Post
    There is a limit on how many times you can unlock a phone however.
    What do you mean by that exactly ?

Unlock a phone as in Jail-breaking or running 'anySIM' to SIM unlock the Iphone to use other Mobile SIM cards ?