+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Otb? IPSF? Help?

is a discussion within the

Unlocking / Activation

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
My brother is going to get a iPhone, and he asked me if i could Jailbreak it. and, me being nice, accepted the challenge. Im a noob to iPhone hacking,
    Green Apple
    Thanks
    Default Otb? IPSF? Help?
    My brother is going to get a iPhone, and he asked me if i could Jailbreak it.

and, me being nice, accepted the challenge.

Im a noob to iPhone hacking, but im not a noob to iPod Touch hacking... really not a noob.

It seems like both use the same thing to jailbreak, jailbreakme.com. I thought of jailbreaking 1.1.2, but im going to make him wait.

Then, i saw a couple of posts about Obt, and ISPF, and that you cant jailbreak one of them. Can someone explain what Obt and ISPF is?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

OTB - Stands for "Out of The Box". People often are referring to getting there iPhone back to the OTB state which means like it was when it was fresh out of the box.

IPSF - Is a company that sells software to unlock your iPhone. The company is called "IPhoneSimFree". www.iphonesimfree.com to get you there.

From what I understand about 1.1.2 firmware is that if you buy a 1.1.2 OTB phone, it is not currently able to be unlocked because of the new bootloader version. Someone can gladly correct me if I'm wrong.

If you have a 1.1.1 phone that was upgraded to 1.1.2 it can be downgraded and unlocked but it is my understanding that currently OTB 1.1.2 phones are not able to be unlocked yet because of the ver. 4.0 bootloader.

Thanks

It's true you can't unlcok a OTB 1.1.2 4.6BL yet, but you CAN use TurboSim and unlock it!

http://docs.google.com/View?docid=dgzw9xs_0gfhxns&pli=1

Read that page for more information!

Green Apple
    Thanks
    What about if i dont want to unlock it? Just jailbreak.

Like the iPod Touch?

1.1.1 - Jailbreakme.com

1.1.2 - Oktoprep... Update... Jailbreak