Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: broken hacktivated iphone, what are my options

Default broken hacktivated iphone, what are my options
    here is the deal, I have an "hacktivated" att iphone, that was working flawlessly, basically I did not want to get loose my corporate discount, and di not want to sing nother contracted so I hacked it and activated it. Things were ok, but today my iphone speaker mysteriously died, I can not hear anything unless I use the headphones, I tried resetting it, and didn't work. I am obviously under warranty, but I know apple will not honor it because I dont have an att contract, i figure my options are the following.
    1. sign up for a "fake" pay as you go contract and as soon as I get my iphone fixed ditch it and go back to my corporate account.
    2. reveal the truth to att, sign the contract loose my corporate discount, go to apple and ask for a replacement.

what do you guy think, I am obviously thinking I like #1 better, but will apple honor it??

dude its just a sound issue. try playing around with it for awhile. im sure it can be fixed if its just software. you can try re-verginizing it.

Default .
    I've tried it didn't work, its kind if weird I do have sound when it rings however no sound while using it as an Ipod, when placing a call I can use it with speaker, but no sound as headset. I would think that if it was software it would fix itself with a restore but it didn't

ouchh, guess you have a hardware problem on your ear piece then. sorry dude cant help you.

Try unplugging & plugging your headphones when your playing music..your sound could just be "stuck", if you searched the forum before you posted, you would know its a known issue.

I've had this happen to me, and the suggested fix worked..good luck.

Nifty
    Last edited by niftymu; 11-27-2007 at 09:48 AM.
    ------------------
    Nifty's iPhone 8gig,3G
    firmware version: 3.1.2
    unlocked to T-mobile.