+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Iphone 1.1.2 OTB - Activation

is a discussion within the

Unlocking / Activation

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
Hi! I just bought a new iPhone last Friday in San Francisco (USA), however it comes with 1.1.2. I was wondering if its possible to activate/jailbreak it. I'm an AT&T
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Iphone 1.1.2 OTB - Activation
    Hi!

I just bought a new iPhone last Friday in San Francisco (USA), however it comes with 1.1.2.

I was wondering if its possible to activate/jailbreak it. I'm an AT&T customer (with a prepaid plan) so the unlock for other SIM carriers is not a problem for me since I'm an AT&T customer.

So, any good documentation or can anyone here help me activating my iPhone 1.1.2 OTB?

I'm really new with this stuff of jailbreaking iphones.

Is itunes required? I'm a Linux user so that's a real problem for me to use iTunes, any good experience jailbreaking iPhone 1.1.2 OTB in USA?

Thanks in advance!

Green Apple
    Thanks
    yes its possible
    downgrade to 1.1.1, jailbreak it with jailbreakme, install oktoprep then update to 1.1.2 and jailbreak it
    http://www.modmyi.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15837

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Ok.. but..
    That page talks about an OTB, iPhones in Europe, that manual also works for iPhones bought in USA (I bought mine in San Francisco).

Also, any success stories for plp following that manual? Sorry but I'd like to be sure what I'm doing and that wont make my iPhone more useless that it is now.

Thanks in advance!

Green Apple
    Thanks
    yes it will work

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Cool
    Cool, thanks :-)

And my AT&T SIM (a prepaid plan) will work on the 1.1.1 jailbreaked iPhone? (from a downgrade)? or that's not possible?

That would be cool (at least for me :P) to downgrade to 1.1.1 my recently iPhone 1.1.2 OTB and receive phone calls with my AT&T SIM.

Thanks in advance