+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [UNLOCKING] I get stuck on starting the commcenter

is a discussion within the

Unlocking / Activation

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
Please help me. I'm trying to unlock my 1.1.1 iPhone. I managed to get an old one (xxx25xx...) so I dont have the new bootloader. Everything works great, the jailbreaking
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default [UNLOCKING] I get stuck on starting the commcenter
    Please help me.

I'm trying to unlock my 1.1.1 iPhone. I managed to get an old one (xxx25xx...) so I dont have the new bootloader. Everything works great, the jailbreaking etc. Until I get to the unlocking. It gets stuck on Starting the Commcenter. I have tried to virginize it without results. Can someone please help me?

Thx

Edit: Now, after I had to restart the phone to get out from the unlocking stucking, I get the message "anySIM cannot unlock this iPhone. anySIM will now quit etc etc."
    Please help
    Last edited by Nabo; 11-25-2007 at 07:25 AM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Ok I had the same problem just the other day..

ok I had the same problem... are you just virginizing the basebad and running anysim?

if your on 1.1.1 .

add the source i.unlock.no in to installer.
    go to unlocking tools
    virginize the baseband

*MAKE SURE YOU DO THIS STEP*
    Restore to 1.1.1 after you virginize

and then jailbreak
    and run anysim.

I had a phone do that to me... the phone even unlocked at one point and the guy talked on it for 6 hours and then it locked up again. So I did some reading and found that after virginizing the BB you have to restore back once more and everything should work.

Lighter

Quote Originally Posted by Nabo View Post
    Please help me.

I'm trying to unlock my 1.1.1 iPhone. I managed to get an old one (xxx25xx...) so I dont have the new bootloader. Everything works great, the jailbreaking etc. Until I get to the unlocking. It gets stuck on Starting the Commcenter. I have tried to virginize it without results. Can someone please help me?

Thx

Edit: Now, after I had to restart the phone to get out from the unlocking stucking, I get the message "anySIM cannot unlock this iPhone. anySIM will now quit etc etc."
    Please help

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Ok, but what do I use, "The Virginizer (04.x)? Cause I dont have the right IMEI. Don't know why. And if I should use this, I have already tried to do it. To fully virginize my iphone, is it enough with just installing The Virginizer (04.x) and restoring it to 1.1.1?

Btw, I have the IMEI No. 01 124500 235133 4.

2 more>

1. Is there any way I can brick my phone doing this?
    2. If you brick your phone is it possible to this date to actually unbrick it?
    3. Do I need the new SIMcard in the phone before unlocking it? I just got the AT&T card atm. Could this be the problem?
    Last edited by Nabo; 11-25-2007 at 04:52 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Answer to #3 is Yes, you need your new SIM in the phone when running AnySim to unlock. After opening Anysim I think on the first page it states "Please make sure your NEW SIM is in your iPhone"

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I'm also having the same problem, I got that same error so I just used Virginizer 0.4 and I'm running AnySIM with my SIM Card in it. Hopefully this works.