Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Help me unlock please

Default Help me unlock please
    Ok, so I tried the tutorial on the top of the page, and I can't for the life of me figure out what is wrong. I've unlocked an older iphone (1.02), and now my friend wants me to unlock his. He has version 1.1.1. I did the steps in the tutorial, the phone is jailbroken. But when I went to use anysim1.1 the phone said anysim couldn't unlock this phone, then it asked me to restart the phone. I checked the baseband? and it was 4.02.13 or something like that yesterday, now I checked today and there is no information under firmware, imei, or iccid.....what happened? Is there a reason why anysim wouldn't work with my phone? And now that the information for imei is gone, do I need to revirginize or restore the phone and try again? Any help would be appreciated.

I'm using a windows pc btw, so I can't use that independance program if that helps any.

Thanks for the help guys.

from the sounding of what you are encountering, he has a v1.1.2 phone contrary to what you think it is.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Fresh's Avatar
    Thanks

You need a baseband downgrade and virginize.

1. Jailbreak any firmware (1.0.2 or 1.1.1) and add http:/i.unlock.no/ as a source to installer.
    2. Install bsd subystem and run BB downgrade (1.1.2) from installer.
    3. Restore to 1.1.1, jailbreak with jailbreakme.com and install bsd subsystem. Add http://i.unlock.no to sources again.
    4. Now install The Virginizer (04.X).
    5. Restore to 1.1.1 again, jailbreak with jailbreakme.com.
    6. Install bsd subsystem, install anySIM 1.1. Run anySIM 1.1 with you own sim in the iPhone and you should be able to make phone calls again.

Fresh...
    iFoneguide

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Fresh For This Useful Post:

meagain (12-02-2007), willem_black (11-25-2007)

I restored once during the original unlock attempt, and after that I noticed that the Modem firmware was 04.02.13_G. I just restored and got it jailbreaked again, using the same copy of 1.1.1 and it is still 04.02.13_G. After reading around it looks like this is supposed to be a 1.1.2 thing? The version still says 1.1.1 (3A109a) though....did I get a bad copy of the restore software? I dont' want to dowgrade the baseband and then restore with the bad copy of 1.1.1 if it is indeed bad. Any suggestions?

Also, I just ran the BB downgrade, and it gave me an error saying it couldn't complete the process or something like that.

I ran the Virginizer too and I also got another "Main Script Execution Failed" error....
    Last edited by willem_black; 11-25-2007 at 03:33 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Any suggestions guys? I'm at a loss here.....

Thanks

Where exactly did you get stuck, Willem?
    iFoneguide

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Fresh For This Useful Post:

meagain (12-02-2007)

Well, I did everything that the tutorial suggested to jailbreak/unlock. I used apptap to jailbreak, and then used installed to install anysim 1.1. Anysim wouldn't unlock the phone though. I found out that I had 4.02.13 firmware on the phone though, and I read that Anysim1.1 would only work with 4.01.13....is this right?

I tried to do what you suggested before, I restored to 1.1.1, jailbroke it again, installed bsd, but when I tried to install bb downgrader I got an error message just before it finished. I also got the same error when I moved on and tried to run The virginizer. It was "Main Script Execution Failed". So basically right now, I'm stuck on how to get this phone to downgrade the firmware to 4.01.13. I'm still confused as well as to how the phone has 4.02.13 on it too. I checked under settings>about, and it said it was a 1.1.1 phone, I thought 4.02 was reserved for 1.1.2's? Anyway, if I could just get pointed in the right direction to try another way to downgrade that'd be great.

it may originally be an OTB 1.1.2 phone, cause the baseband # is for 1.1.2, and the only way it would be on 1.1.1 is it was downgraded.

hey Willem, I got the exact same problem, did you get a solution yet?

Thanks

If its out of the box, that won't work, if it isn't, i could be a 1.1.2 and run anySIM 1.2, but follow the guide.

I am pretty sure it is not a 1.1.2 straight out of the box, but instead a 1.1.1 with a 04.02.13_G baseband...should I go ahead follow the "Unlock the iPhone 1.1.2 (Upgrade) guide" ?

Quote Originally Posted by Fresh View Post
    You need a baseband downgrade and virginize.

1. Jailbreak any firmware (1.0.2 or 1.1.1) and add http:/i.unlock.no/ as a source to installer.
    2. Install bsd subystem and run BB downgrade (1.1.2) from installer.
    3. Restore to 1.1.1, jailbreak with jailbreakme.com and install bsd subsystem. Add http://i.unlock.no to sources again.
    4. Now install The Virginizer (04.X).
    5. Restore to 1.1.1 again, jailbreak with jailbreakme.com.
    6. Install bsd subsystem, install anySIM 1.1. Run anySIM 1.1 with you own sim in the iPhone and you should be able to make phone calls again.

Fresh...
    Fresh - This looks surprisingly simple & straightforward. I somehow messed up my phone for hacking when I got AT&T the other day and have the 4.02.13. It took a long while to figure that one out!
    Anyway, I have the virginizer pack but your instruct #4 eludes me.

1. How do I install it or get it into the phone?
    2. Also - Am I OK leaving my AT&T sim in the phone? It'll still work when I'm done - right?

OMG! I'm on 1.0.2 with .3.14.08!!! LOL Now onto Step 3. But if anyone can clarify the above 2 questions - I'd be most appreciative! Oh - and will this give me an unlocked phone too?

EDIT: Oh - "The Virginizer 4.??" is right in the sources in the phone via this method. Seriously, if this works - this is a great method to fix this.

FRESH!!! You're a lifesaver! That totally worked and was easy/quick. I'm saving your instructions and the link to that website also in a super-special folder. Oh, and I liked the little instructionals/warnings during the process with that i.unlock.no program. Nice touch.

I'm on: 1.1.1, modem firmware 4.01.13, oddly better wifi reception and full AT&T bars. You don't know what I've been through the past 2 days. I hope you live a long & happy life. Seriously. THANK YOU!!!

Now - Is it possible to upgrade to 1.1.2 or should I just be happy at 1.1.1?
    Last edited by meagain; 12-02-2007 at 04:17 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

Hello Meagain,

I was just about to answer your questions, but I see you've already succeeded.
    Congratulations!
    You can move up to 1.1.2.

Fresh...
    iFoneguide

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Fresh For This Useful Post:

meagain (12-02-2007)

Just to triple confirm..... I can load Oktoprep and upgrade to 1.1.2 and it won't upgrade my 4.01.13 modem firmware.... right? Cuz while your method was easy - I sure don't want to do it again.

Gosh - I still love my iPhone so much.

Thanks

Meagain,

Yes, load OktoPrep in 1.1.1 (make sure you press OK in the information popup).
    Close installer and go back to the springboard.
    Now without rebooting the iPhone manually update to 1.1.2 with iTunes (help => search for updates)
    Jailbreak 1.1.2 with the jailbreak software found in the 1.1.2 guides.
    Activate wifi in the iPhone and set autolock to Never.
    Add http://i.unlock.no as a source to installer and install anysim 1.2.
    Run anySIM 1.2 with fligh modus on and you're own SIM in the iPhone.
    If there's any pin code protection on your sim, either remove it completely or make sure you enter the pin code before running anySIM.

Fresh...
    iFoneguide

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Fresh For This Useful Post:

meagain (12-02-2007)

You're a Saint! I guess I should've done this before installing a zillion 3rd party apps eh?
    I'll also upgrade my husband's phone. I was hesitant after my disaster. Thanks much!

I need help....i have a similar problem...
    but somehow u figured out the solution...as for me...am still stuck...with a v1.1.1 restored on my phone but the BB is still 4.02.13
    when i run virginizer or BB dowgrader, i get MAIN SCRIPT EXECUTION error....
    how should i fix this...please help me!! I can jailbreak v1.1.1 but cant unlock the SIM cause of this baseband screwup! Would appreciate help!

Thanks

Before you proceed:

The virginizer is only needed in case your iPhone was previously SIM unlocked in firmware 1.0.2. Is that the case?
    iFoneguide

23. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Fresh For This Useful Post:

eddiehart (12-03-2007), meagain (12-03-2007)

I loaded Oktoprep, upgraded to 1.1.2. It took me to 4.02.13 again. I have to start all over. IDK why this happened?

Quote Originally Posted by Fresh View Post
    Before you proceed:

The virginizer is only needed in case your iPhone was previously SIM unlocked in firmware 1.0.2. Is that the case?
    Mine wasn't sim unlocked. Was running virginizer a bad idea?
    Last edited by meagain; 12-03-2007 at 03:10 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

Is it a brand new iPhone that came out of the box with 1.1.2?
    iFoneguide

26. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Fresh For This Useful Post:

eddiehart (12-03-2007), meagain (12-03-2007)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast