+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Edge Help

is a discussion within the

Unlocking / Activation

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
I currently have a Blackberry that the company has issued to me, I would like to use the sim card on my unlocked iPhone. The problem is with the company
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Edge Help
    I currently have a Blackberry that the company has issued to me, I would like to use the sim card on my unlocked iPhone. The problem is with the company issued AT&T sim card installed in my iPhone, I have all functions except my Edge settings is missing. So in order for me me to connect to the internet I have to use my Wifi connection. The BlackBerry uses Edge to connect to the internet. So does anyone know how to make the Edge settings show in the general network settings? My iPhone is using 1.1.2

Green Apple
    Thanks

Did you unlock the phone yourself?? If so, you need to restore and re-jailbreak. When you replace the lockdownd file in /usr/libexec make sure you that you do not delete the file first, just overwrite the existing one that is there. I know it doesn't sound right but I've verified this to be the problem.

If you didn't unlock it yourself, call the guy that did it for you.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Thanks, I unlocked it with jailbreak and activated it with iphone simfree software. I'm confused on part of the instructions "When you replace the lockdownd file in /usr/libexec make sure you that you do not delete the file first, just overwrite the existing one that is there."
    How do I do this, is there a link to walk me through this?