Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.
Thread: IPSF 1.8 erases basebandis a discussion within the
Unlocking / Activationforums, a part of the
okay so heres the scoop. i purchase ipsf thing, unlocked v1.1.1 with ipsf v1.7 and updated to 1.1.2. with oktoprep. i accedently installed an app for v1.1.1 and then my...
11-24-2007, 12:48 PM #1IPSF 1.8 erases baseband
okay so heres the scoop. i purchase ipsf thing, unlocked v1.1.1 with ipsf v1.7 and updated to 1.1.2. with oktoprep. i accedently installed an app for v1.1.1 and then my iphone got stuck on the apple logo. so i powered it into DFU mode and restored to v1.0.2 and used putty to downgrade the baseband firmware to v3.14. I then upgraded to v1.1.1 so the baseband firmware is v4.01.13. I jailbroke it with Apptapp. and installed BSD subsystem and iphonesimfree v1.8. restarted iphone. checked baseband prior to install of v1.8, and it was indeed v4.01.13. So i attempted to unlock and at the end where ipsf waiting for Wi-Fi. it cleans up and then says "Unlock Failed. Error Baseband Communications." i then check the baseband it is BLANK!!!. i then use 1.bbreload and successfully reload the baseband. I then run iphonesimfree v1.8 again and then it states "Error in server communications.". so now i am upset that i am unable to unlock my phone. i use anysim v1.1 and it unlocks successfully. anyone else have the same issue i do?
11-24-2007, 10:39 PM #2
yes! after three days of states "Error in server communications." I'm unlock my phone with anySIM 1.2..u
ISPF server down. i'm ugly...
11-25-2007, 11:22 AM #3
It was my understanding that once you have used IPSF, the iphone remains unlocked so you do not need to re-unlock your iphone with IPSF 1.8 after restoring/updating the firmware (all you need to to is jailbreak/activate the iphone). Someone correct me if I'm mistaken...
Last edited by Tintin; 11-25-2007 at 01:02 PM.
11-25-2007, 12:55 PM #4
I have unlocked mine at FW 1.0.2 with IPSF 1.0 and the phone remained unlocked updating to 1.1.1 and recently to 1.1.2. No problems at all. Even when I accidentally updated to 1.1.2 to early and had to get down the baseband again in order to get 1.1.1 running again I had no problem. Even after erasing the baseband completely and RESTORING with 1.0.2 the phone was still unlocked.
11-25-2007, 01:13 PM #5
11-25-2007, 02:47 PM #6
Same error, "Error in server communications." OTB 1.1.1 jailbreakme.com install IPSF got the error. have tried EVERYTHING and like you resorted to AnySim. Unlock looked like it was successful but now my my iPhne shows "No Service". In my situation it could be hardware or maybe software. Everything works except cellular, WiFi, YouTube, SSH, Installer. My iPhone is now doing an excellent impression of an iTouch. Waiting to hear from my IPSF reseller
Edit: Some details of error messages and what process I have gone through
Yes, this was an OTB 100%virgin 1.1.1 phone with the goal to install IPSF.
This is the order of what happened.
Jailbreakme.com ->run SimFree->did not unlock due to the fact that the IMEI has not been authorized yet. Of course, I try several more times but no luck. Need to wait for authorization.
1. A little while later, the authorization process kicks in. EVERTYTHING LOOKS GOOD. SimFree unlocks, finsishes, then cleans up then it hits me..... This is when I THINK everything went sour. It gives me a message that the unlock is not finished and I need to restart and unlock again. Hmmm. No problem I think, restart, run FreeSim again but this time it gives me a 2nd error, "Unlock Failed Error in Server Communications"
I repeated several times. No luck. The phone tries to connect to the cell network but reports “NO SERVICE” I try 3 different SIMS cards that all work in my other iPhone. None work. Still “NO SERVICE”
2. I restart the iPhone and repeat the above several times. According to my IPSF reseller, my IMEI keeps showing postive counts on the server. It is only suppose to show postive counts when it applies the unlocking onto the phone. I figure it is now time to try some trouble shooting.
3. I do a simple option, click, restore of version 1.1.1. Jailbreakme.com, run SimFree but same problems at above., the first time I run it it give me the “not finished, restart and unlock again” After restart and unlock again, I get the “Unlock Failed in Server Communications” and "No Service". same problem. I made no progress. I try restoring again. No luck
4. After a fresh restore, run the unlock (even though I get the 2 error messages).I do the Octoprep installation then I try upgrading to 1.1.2. Same errors. But now I have a 4.0.2 Modem Firmware. I go through the 4.0.2 downgrade process to Modem FW 3.14.0_8 and matching Firmware 1.0.2. Work my why back up to 1.1.1
5. This time a ran the AnySim unlock and reports that I successfully unlocked but the phone can not connect to the network. I get the DREADED “NO SERVICE”
6. Tried cleaning the SIMs Card. Resetting it. Turning Airplane Mode off and back on again. Its not the SIM because I have 3 working SIMs that I use for testing and they work in my personal unlocked iPhone.
7. EVERTHING works on the phone except connecting to the network. SSH works, Installer and 3rd party Apps work, WiFi, YouTube etc. etc.
Last edited by khmernoi; 11-26-2007 at 06:57 AM. Reason: Additional information
11-27-2007, 09:39 AM #7Did you try the ReVan guide to downgrade?
I experienced something similar, and I followed the ReVan guide:
It worked for me after the 2 Step. I recovered the Network.
11-27-2007, 10:04 AM #8
heres a procedure for IPSF
Procedure to update to 1.1.2 from older versions: (Note this is only work for iPhone unlocked by iPhoneSimFree software)
1. As a reminder, customers who have used any version of SimFree in the past are NOT required to re-unlock their phone for this update!
2. In Installer go to Tweaks 1.1.1 and install Oktoprep.
3. Open iTunes and hit Update in order to install 1.1.2 (note that if you press Restore it wont work)
4. After that is done, download Jailbreak-1.1.2 and proceed with the Jailbreak procedure. (for Windows & Mac)
5. You will want to install iWorld from Installer after you update (found in Tweaks 1.1.2) in order to fix a known 1.1.2 crash caused with Unsupported Carriers.
The procedure to Install SimFree v1.8 on your Phone remains the same as before. Just add http://tinyurl.com/2qxpe6 in the Installer Sources and you will have the option to install SimFree v1.8 on your phone.
11-27-2007, 10:30 AM #9
You guys who had trouble, did you run Simfree with the SIM card in the iPhone? In order to avoid problems, you should have no SIM's in the phone during the Simfree process.Get "iPod & iTunes for Dummies", it'll change your life.
11-27-2007, 04:34 PM #10
I'm in the same case, but I never used SimFree, I used AnySIM ->, serveral times, revirginized, changed modem firms according to Firm, tried on all firmware versions, many AnySim versions, never got incorrect IMEI, but every time "No Service" message.
I think that this can be one of the following:
- Hardware problems (Mine is refurbushed...)
- Corrupted baseband or seczone that can not be restored after revirginizing.
I will let you know if I had progress with my iPhony (bricky)
11-27-2007, 08:46 PM #11
this is really bugging me, so far i have only been able to unlock my phone twice. and attempted to unlock it 20 times. is there a counter or something or a limit on how many unlocks of the same phone? what happed to me is i installed an app for v1.1.1 on a v1.1.2 software and the iphone crashed. i down graded to v1.1.1 and the phone was locked again. so i tried using v1.8 ipsf and the installer said that there was an error. so i tried downloading off the internet on my computer and the v1.8 file was corrupted it was filled with null's. so i waited for them to fix it and then i installed. now i am still unable to unlock it with ipsf.
11-30-2007, 12:24 AM #12
so does anyone know if i can only unlock my phone once with ipsf? it says only 1 iphone under the FAQ. but they havent e-mailed me back
11-30-2007, 05:58 AM #13
Get "iPod & iTunes for Dummies", it'll change your life.
11-30-2007, 10:06 AM #14ipetools via the iPhone Elite Dev Team Might solve ""
I am still struggling with the "No Service". Has anyone out there ever experienced "No Service" 50% of the time? After many different attempts I believe i have brought it back to life (half way)
But is that possible? It must be a hardware problem. Any thoughts?
My latest attempt at fixing the "No Service" or "Brick" problem was with ipetools, available from the Elite Team, http://code.google.com/p/iphone-elite/downloads/list
But still even after running bricktool and it reporting ""success" intermittent "No Service". This really makes me think it is a hardware problem.
The ipetools might help some of you out there having this "No Service" or brick mode problem. check out the Read Me file;
"This is a collection of iphone-compiled tools that allow an individual to easily
install the iPhone-elite patch and ensure that brick mode is disabled. The
following components are included in the current release:
More information regarding individual tools may be found at the iPhone-elite
How to use the iPhone-elite lockdownd tools:
1.) The BSD Subsystem (patricularly tar and gzip)
2.) A way to copy files to your phone
3.) A way to run commands in a terminal on your phone
1.) Copy ipe-lockdownd-tools.tgz to the root directory ( / ) on your iPhone
2.) In a terminal, type the following lines:
cp /usr/libexec/lockdownd /usr/libexec/lockdownd.bak
tar -xvzf ipe-lockdownd-tools.tgz
3.) Reboot your iPhone.
4.) In a terminal, type the following lines:
If you experience either success or failure, please post a note on the iphone-elite
wiki. If you can add details such as version of lockdownd patched, iphone firmware
version, and baseband firmware version it would be extremely helpfull. In the case
of a problem, a description of the problem would be nice as well.
The following people have made this possible:
Good luck and any feedback is appreciated - Todd
12-01-2007, 12:29 PM #15
I have tried this procedure with no sucess (Still NO SERVICE). I have proceed with this steps:
1- Downgrade to 1.0.2
2- Downgrade to baseband 3.14
3- Virginized the baseband
4- Updated to 1.1.1
6- Unlocked with anysim (1.1 from i.unlock.no sources)
7- NO SERVICE (correctly unlocked, I may insert any SIM card)
8- Applied "iPhone-elite lockdownd tools" following README document
9- No Service.
Ups I think my case is also related to Hardware..... Possible solutions:
- Apple Warranty (not sure if possible without activating AT&T)
- Buy baseband Modem board and replace it.
I will continue trying to know the reason.....
I have continued my work with these steps:
- Upgrade to 1.1.2 & Jailbreak
- Unlock with AnySIM 1.2.1u (Succesfully unlocked) (All SIMs accepted)
- Executed the bricktools, the tool tells that the phone is patched (correctly)
- No service
I have tried to discover if the Baseband is correctly responding to the requests....
This is what I always get when I execute "minicom" entering below commands:
AT S7=45 S0=0 L1 V1 X4 &c1 E1 Q0
AT S7=45 S0=0 L1 V1 X4 &c1 E1 Q0
Last edited by zsnoop; 12-01-2007 at 12:33 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
12-03-2007, 04:21 AM #16
İ am still getting no service I have done lots of things so far.
I am not getting no service before I have upgraded to 1.1.2. My thoughts are the same as yours.This seems to be a hardware problem.But Why ? Because I am able to call 112. Thats the question .! İf I can call 112 there will nothing with the baseband.Think of it its logical. But it isnt ? On Hackint0sh forum guys with the no service has found a solution thats opening the iphone but this phone isnt mine if it is I have been opened the phone many times...
12-07-2007, 03:54 AM #17