Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Please help

Default Please help
    My friend has just bought an IPhone unlocked. On the box it has clear instructions saying

WARNING

Upgrading or restoring the firmware on the phone will LOCK THE PHONE AGAIN and you will not be able to use the phone anymore. If you use itumes be careful not to allow it to upgrade firmware even if it recommends upgrading, or restore the phones firmware. Itunes 7.3 is the recommended version to use with teh Iphone. Higher versions may also unlock the phone.

Now he has done what it says he shouldnt do and upgraded the Itunes firmware and now the phone says

INCORRECT SIM
    Insert an unlocked and valid SIM to activate phone

Then at the bottom it says SLIDE for Emergency

It will not allow him to do anything at all. I have it now with a hope i can repair it for him. Does anyone have any ideas please.

When I plug it into my PC and Itunes comes up I get the message

THERE IS A PROBLEM WITH YOUY IPHONE

We're sorry, the iPhone you conected may be damaged and cannot be activated for service. We recommend you visit your nearest Apple store.

Many thanks

Steve

Can he force it into restore mode?

1) Start iTunes and connect usb cable
    1) Hold down power and home buttons together until phone screen goes black
    2) Release power button while STILL holding home button
    3) Keep holding HOME until you see iTunes message that phone is in restore mode
    4) Do a restore to 1.1.1 by holding SHIFT and clicking RESTORE
    5) Jailbreak
    6) Install BB Downgrader 1.1.2 from i.unlock.no and run it.
    7) Unlock with AnySim 1.1

Quote Originally Posted by zdr View Post
    Can he force it into restore mode?

1) Start iTunes and connect usb cable
    1) Hold down power and home buttons together until phone screen goes black
    2) Release power button while STILL holding home button
    3) Keep holding HOME until you see iTunes message that phone is in restore mode
    4) Do a restore to 1.1.1 by holding SHIFT and clicking RESTORE
    5) Jailbreak
    6) Install BB Downgrader 1.1.2 from i.unlock.no and run it.
    7) Unlock with AnySim 1.1

Steve, did this work for you?

going to try now, will brb

I can do a restore but on jailbreak when i go to the site and click apps at the bottom NOTHING happens guys
    Last edited by stevepenk; 11-24-2007 at 12:12 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Read the instructions on i.unlock.no. I had to do it several times to work.

Quote Originally Posted by stevepenk View Post
    going to try now, will brb

I can do a restore but on jailbreak when i go to the site and click apps at the bottom NOTHING happens guys
    I just used the jailbreakme.com technique last night to jailbreak 1.1.1. It worked really well and turned out to be pretty simple. If you're running 1.1.1, try this method. You should be able to google it or search for other threads in this forum.

I followed this site to upload firmware 1.1.02 to the iphone

http://www.mydigitallife.info/2007/1...e-102-version/

Now all I get on the screen is a picture of the iphone lead with an arrow pointing to the itunes logo. It will not go onto anything else.

Help please

BTW Firmware is 04.02.13_G
    Last edited by stevepenk; 11-24-2007 at 02:59 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Now all I get on the screen is a picture of the iphone lead with an arrow pointing to the itunes logo. It will not go onto anything else.

Help please

I followed this guide (http://www.modmyi.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17185) a couple days ago. It wasn't very easy and required lots of files and programs you have to download to complete the process. I can say though from personal experience that it does work!

I was running software 1.0.2 (3.14.08_G), which was unlocked and modded big time. I had to revirginize the phone first then run this guide. It took some time and a lot of reading, but I'm now on 1.1.2 (4.02.13_G), unlocked and modded to the max again!!!

Help please

By the way...that screen you keep getting is normal on 1.1.2 if the phone is not yet activated through iTunes. The guide I referred to has a solution for that.
    Last edited by cjacks519; 11-26-2007 at 05:43 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost