Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: at&t activated phone 1.1.1 unlock

Default at&t activated phone 1.1.1 unlock
    Hi,
    I have a 1.1.1 iphone that was activated with at&t which I decided to unlock.
    I have run appsnap and jailbroken successfully.
    then I ran anysim and it went through the process and gave me unlock successful message.
    I did the unlock of course with my other sim card in!
    After rebooting my phone, I get an "incorrect sim" message and i am back to the activate with itunes with the globe screen.
    only emergency calls possible.
    I shut the phone off again and put in my att card and no problems there.
    I can still use it all is fine, making and receiving calls etc.....
    so, i am wondering what my next step is, as i really need that phone unlocked as i am traveling overseas a lot!
    thanx for the help.
    Peace
    Jean-Michel

PS- I have read all the stickies, none relate to at&t activated before jailbreaking. thanX

i have the exact same problem, help would be greatly appreciated

Thanks

An unlocked phone is an unlocked phone, doesn't matter which SIM you use. Your problem is with Activation. Unless you have the patched Lockdownd file installed, everytime you put in a new SIM, you're going to have to de-activate and then re-activate your phone with the new SIM in place.
    Get "iPod & iTunes for Dummies", it'll change your life.

hi, thanx for the reply
    how do i get the patched lockdown file?
    I have another phone which is unlocked and running 1.1.1 as well.
    can i use this one and transfer it to my other phone?
    thanx
    jm

It's in the download section.

Hi Vincent,
    Thanx for the reply.
    I looked in the download section, and couldn't find it!
    Also, I had no problems with an out of the box phone but what would be my process now that the phone is jailbroken and that i ran anysim with my att sim card in in order to be able to use all other sim cards i have when travelling?
    Should i just replace the lockdown file on my phone using cyberduck.
    DO i need to rerun anysim with the card i ran it with earlier.
    Thanx, but somehow everything is covered for phones which were never activated using at&t but no guides for the ones who jumped on it the first days hoping a lock free option will be available in the future.
    Peace
    JM.

bump!
    Last edited by leiphone; 11-24-2007 at 08:55 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Quote Originally Posted by vincent6396 View Post
    It's in the download section.
    Dont click on that download link! It's bogus, look into download section of this forum on top right!

Use cyberduck to replace lockdownd in usr libexe then use the "OTHER" sim, run anysim and you'll get a message at the end that anysim cannot unlock this phone ( which is not true) it does unlock. enjoy!
    Last edited by elfribo; 11-24-2007 at 02:40 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

what if u want to deactivate from anysims? i currently need to hardset my ipone becuz itunes dont wrk so can i just restore and after that still have the anysims in my iphone? cuz i really dont want to deactivate from anysims...and can i restore with my tmobile sim card still inside? i kinda lost my at&t sim card...thanks