+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: anySim successfull but phone still locked

is a discussion within the

Unlocking / Activation

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
Got a used iPhone today that was upgraded to 1.1.2. I downgraded to 1.0.2, then back to 1.1.1, jailbreaked, activated, installed anySim from i.unlock.no and ran it. Took about 5
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default anySim successfull but phone still locked
    Got a used iPhone today that was upgraded to 1.1.2. I downgraded to 1.0.2, then back to 1.1.1, jailbreaked, activated, installed anySim from i.unlock.no and ran it. Took about 5 minutes and said it was successfull. Reboot the phone and still get the "Incorrect SIM" message. Tried running anySim again but after a bit of the install it says that it cannot continue.

Any ideas what to do next?

Sim in the phone is a valid at&t sim (not an iphone sim though).

Update: Currently I'm installing oneSim to undo Anysim and then I will try anysim again.

My used phone didnt come with any sim, is that messing everything up? I have run anySim 1.1 successfully several times with my cingular sim in the phone. I am trying it right now with no sim in the phone.
    Last edited by pcm2a; 11-21-2007 at 05:15 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Open winscp, go to /usr/libexec backup the lockdownd file. Place new file in that folder and chmod it to 0755, reboot phone with the new sim inside.

http://www.modmyi.com/forums/downloa...do=file&id=708

If that don't work restore your phone and follow this guide.

http://www.modmyi.com/forums/showthread.php?t=12427
    Last edited by vincent6396; 11-21-2007 at 05:53 PM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

You Need to Run the Virginizer on ur phone dependin on ur BaseBand.. Install the INstaller source ... I.Unlock.No .... and get the Virginizer for your baseband.. dependant on ur firmware and model phone.... RUn the virginizer... and try any sim again .. it would work .. .i got that exact problem...

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I downgraded back to 1.0.2 and ran the viginizer and immediatly I could use my cingular sim! I upgraded back to 1.1.1 and am still using my cingular sim! Thanks for the tips they worked great.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kc_kasey View Post
    You Need to Run the Virginizer on ur phone dependin on ur BaseBand.. Install the INstaller source ... I.Unlock.No .... and get the Virginizer for your baseband.. dependant on ur firmware and model phone.... RUn the virginizer... and try any sim again .. it would work .. .i got that exact problem...
    Hello i did this step by step ..now it does not say "need a aproved sim on this phone" im using at&t . i vergenized and unlocked. in cantacts i can see my phone number. but i cant make any calls or recieve them.. any help pleasee.. im pulling my hair thank you im on 1.1.1 and 03.14.08_G