Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: my phone says please insert valid sim

Default my phone says please insert valid sim
    hi i have accidently upgraded to 1.1.2 and then i downgrade to 1.1.1 and i try to activate using appsnapp and it worked just fine nut i says please insert valid sim and i am using at@t sim it should not say that i also try unlock with any sim but is says anysim cannot unlock this phone

please help me asap

thanks

Take out the AT&T sim, re-enter the AT&T sim supplied with the phone. Then do a full restart. While the phone is turned off, wait for the springboard to load then insert your new SIM card.

Don't try using AnySIM, I have yet to find one that works on 1.1.2 and doesn't screw up the phone.

still no help it says INCORRECTSIM
    this phone must be used with approved SIM

please help
    Last edited by masti2003; 11-21-2007 at 12:05 AM.

You might have to do a restore of your phone, sorry.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Freshboiii For This Useful Post:

masti2003 (11-21-2007)

i have just restored but still notthing

i am messed up

please any more advice.

thanks

How did you restore in under a minute?

i have restored before your post and

i have restored and followed step by step 2 times and still says same thing.

My BEST advice would be to get OktoPrep then upgrade to 1.1.2. It might be a bug in the firmware that Apple has fixed in 1.1.2.

what is that can u please explaine it,

i have version 1.1.1(3a109a)
    modem firmware 04.02.13_g

please help

thanks in adv atleast u r trying to help

It doesn't mean anything in regards to what we are trying to do. It just means that your iPhone came with 1.1.1 installed out of the box.

i have okto prep and now trying to upgrade to 1.1.2

After that's done, and your at the screen that asks you to activate your iPhone, download this file, and READ THE README. I urge you to read the readme first.

http://conceitedsoftware.com/iphone/site/112jb.html

If You Have version 1.1.2 running with baseband 4.02 then restoreto 1.1.1 Jailbreak it the usual mehtod......Add source i.unlock.no and say refresh......Then in installer under unlocking tools you will find BB Downgrader run that and after that install and run anysim the same ways......IT WORKED AMAZINGLY WELL FOR ME........but running 1.1.1