Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: how do i find my unlock method

Default how do i find my unlock method
    first post. and yes i did try using search..

i bought my phone unlocked already.. and i have 1.0.2 and would like to upgrade to do i find out how my iphone was unlocked so i can use the proper downgrading, restoring and unlocking technique?

thanks guys, great forum/site!!!

Hey nick651,

i dont believe there is any way to figure out how it was unlocked.
    i reccomend virginizing (search it)

hope this helped!

so if i virginize it, then i can restore 1.1.1 and unlock via any method correct??

yeah he is correct verginize then unlock any way you want

but the guide on here for virginizing is for phones unlocked with iUnlock ....? any thoughts/suggestions?

you CAN find out the method used to unlock. Install BSD subsystem and ssh. Then ssh into ure phone and type "minicom -s". Then set the device to "/dev/tty.baseband". Quit minicom. Again, type only "minicom". Now, type AT+XSIMSTATE=1. If the first digit after "PN" is not 5 (Should mostly be 4), then you're good to go and go ahead and virginize. 5 signifies IPSF unlocks. Anything other than that is anySim or iUnlock with which you can use the virginize method. Hope this helps!! Go check out as well.
    Last edited by abhishekkhurana; 11-22-2007 at 09:42 PM.

Exclamation Unable to Install AppSnap
    I tried to install appsnap from jailbreak but it is not working. I do not know why. Do you have idea,why?