+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: HELP Upgraded to 1.1.2 then back to 1.1.1 now Phone is dead...

is a discussion within the

Unlocking / Activation

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
I'm having some problems with anysim I have tried it like 20 times now and still no luck Version 1.1 and version 1.2.1u I just keep getting an error message
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Default HELP Upgraded to 1.1.2 then back to 1.1.1 now Phone is dead...
    I'm having some problems with anysim I have tried it like 20 times now and still no luck Version 1.1 and version 1.2.1u I just keep getting an error message saying that "anysim cannot unlock this phone. anysim will now quit. Please restart"..

I had my phone all working and unlocked on 1.1.1 but then I stupidly upgraded to 1.1.2 without reading that version 1.1.2 is only jailbroken and not yet unlocked so I had to restore everything but it didn't take me back to where I was it just gave me clean locked version of 1.1.1 so I followed this guide http://modmyi.com/forums/showthread.php?t=13015 to unlocking it and I so far have everything working except the sim card I even somehow have restored all my original stuff (pics, messages, contacts) Itunes knew the phone already and uploaded a backup that it had made. I just keep getting that error message above whenever I try to use anysim (it was unlocked by this method before because when I got the phone it had anysim installed).

Now I have read somewhere that once it has been unlocked you can't unlock it again unless you virginize it or something is this true?

I don't know if it was 1.0.2 that had been upgraded to 1.1.1 so I'm not sure if I should revert to 1.0.2 and try and unlock that. I really need to get it working again and I'd rather not stuff it anymore than it already is if possible.

Can anyone help on this matter?

Green Apple
    Thanks
    i though the 1.1.2 was already unlocked?!? i had to restore my phone cause of high thymes and now its 1.1.2 so basically its bricked..i am waiting for anySim 1.2 to come out from the dev team... but even now i think there is a less automated way to unlock it...

Thanks

I think you might be right i stumbled across this site http://www.iphone4world.com/?p=88 just now so i might give that a go, but considering i can't even unlock my phone on 1.1.1 i don't think my chances are looking too good..

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

srbug,

im in the same boat as u are.. i was experimenting today and decided to update to 1.1.2 and ever since then i havent been able to bring it back to 1.1.1 . I read that in order to bring it back you have to downgrade the baseband which seems abit complicated but i will try tomorrow when i get to work.

I will let you know
    Good luck

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Hi All,

I had my iPhone unlocked running firmware 1.0.2 and I made the mistake of trying to upgrade it to the neweste firmware. Now, the phone is stuck and everytime it is connected to iTunes I get the following message: "There is a problem with your iPhone. Your iPhone seems to be damaged and cannot be activated (...) We recommend you visit the nearest Apple Store (...)".

Can anybody tell me what to do before I go to an Apple store?

Anybody, please help!!!

Thanks, Alex

Thanks

Thats a weird one i don't know why you are getting that message. I would have thought that you would have received the same one i did about the SIM not being valid and it then asking for a correct sim.

Follow this guide you should be able to get your phone back up and running.

http://www.iclarified.com/entry/comm...commentsanchor

Thanks

its simple, when u load the anySim.app into ur app files, chmod it & be sure the file that ur putting in is named "anySim.app" then restart n run anySim.
    ░▒▓█ Working iPhone v2.0.1 with T-Mobile
    ░▒▓█ Call In/Out ► Yes/Yes
    ░▒▓█ SMS In/Out ► Yes/Yes
    ░▒▓█ WiFi/EDGE ► Yes
    ░▒▓█ YouTube App ► Yes
    ░▒▓█ Voicemail ► Yes
    ░▒▓█ iVolume v1.3 MOD ► Yes

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by srbug View Post
    I think you might be right i stumbled across this site http://www.iphone4world.com/?p=88 just now so i might give that a go, but considering i can't even unlock my phone on 1.1.1 i don't think my chances are looking too good..
    so how did it go? i tried http://www.hacktheiphone.com/112/iph...nlock_mac.html and it worked ..

Quote Originally Posted by alexferreira View Post
    Hi All,

I had my iPhone unlocked running firmware 1.0.2 and I made the mistake of trying to upgrade it to the neweste firmware. Now, the phone is stuck and everytime it is connected to iTunes I get the following message: "There is a problem with your iPhone. Your iPhone seems to be damaged and cannot be activated (...) We recommend you visit the nearest Apple Store (...)".

Can anybody tell me what to do before I go to an Apple store?

Anybody, please help!!!

Thanks, Alex
    try to put the phone in DFU mode and restore to 1.1.2... (DFU mode seems like a universal solution...)
    then follow..
    http://www.hacktheiphone.com/112/iph...nlock_mac.html

Quote Originally Posted by Nicarlo View Post
    srbug,

im in the same boat as u are.. i was experimenting today and decided to update to 1.1.2 and ever since then i havent been able to bring it back to 1.1.1 . I read that in order to bring it back you have to downgrade the baseband which seems abit complicated but i will try tomorrow when i get to work.

I will let you know
    Good luck
    well u have 2 options..if u want ot go back to 1.1.1 then u have to downgrade ur baseband and there is a tutorial here and on hackintosh
    but if u want to stay on 1.1.2 then u have to downgrade to 1.0.2 and hack teh baseband using anySIM 1.2u then upgrade to 1.1.2 via 1.1.1
    i did the later...works using the site i gave in the above para
    Last edited by gamezz; 11-21-2007 at 11:37 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    The problem with upgrading to 1.1.2 is that it changes your modem firmware from 04.01.13_G to 04.02.13_G. This firmware remains even if you downgrade back to 1.1.1, this remains and renders anysim useless. If you upgraded to 1.1.2 by mistake you can get back to 1.1.1 by doing the following on an upgraded and "bricked" 1.1.2 phone:
    NOTE: This guide assumes you're an OSX user

A) Get back to 1.1.1:
    *put phone in recovery mode (press power and home for 10 sec, let go of power and continue to hold home for a further 10seconds)
    *Open iTunes (preferably iTunes 7.4.2)
    *In iTunes Option click Restore and browse to the 1.1.1 firmware file on your mac
    (firmware file can be downloaded here: http://www.modmyi.com/forums/downloa...o=file&id=1355 - don't unzip it. Use firefox to download it, and rename the extention from .ipsw to .zip )
    *Following iTunes restore you may get an error message 1013 from iTunes - this is normal. Now quit iTunes.
    *Open iNdependence (preferably new version 1.3 beta) to kick the phone out of recovery mode (takes 20sec or so) and get you to the "slide for emergency" screen.
    *use the *#301* callback/contact url trick to set up wifi, and then goto jailbreakme.com.
    (a visual guide if you're unfamilar with this process can be found here: http://www.hacktheiphone.com/112/iph...ock_mac_3.html)

B)Downgrade your baseband from 04.02.13_G to 04.01.13_G
    Once back into the 1.1.1 phone, you now need to revert the changes to the baseband made during your 1.1.2 upgrade:
    * Open the installer app on springboard
    * Tap sources
    * Tap "edit"
    * Tap "Add" and enter the following url http://i.unlock.no
    * Allow this to install
    * Now reopen installer.app and you'll see a new folder called "unlocking tools"
    * You'll see one there called BB downgrader (1.1.2). Select that and let it run.
    * When it's finished, just to be safe I also virginse the phone using the The Virginiser (04.X) app here.

C)Restore to 1.1.1 and unlock
    * Use the itunes option click to restore 1.1.1 again. You'll now be back on 1.1.1 with the old modem firmware version of 04.01.13_G
    * Activate 1.1.1 by again using the above methods i.e. the *#301# trick.
    * Use the installer.app to again install i.unlock.no from sources (see step B).
    * In the unlocking tools category tap anysim 1.1 - You can use anysim 1.1 now ok as your baseband was repaired in step (B)

This worked for me -
    Hope it helps you out!
    Last edited by bdogg; 11-22-2007 at 12:12 PM.