Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: New iphone

Default New iphone
    Hello everyone,

I just got my new iphone. The problem that its 1.1.2 OTB

For the current time, can I jailbreak it, activate it, and use it for browsing internet via WiFi and as ipod?

Will this brick my iphone? If not, do I have to reverginize later to update or upgrade?

Do you think that unlock will be available for it? How long would it take (estimation)?

I believe an unlock will be available only when a new firmware gets released so that we can read the traffic and find out what is happening.. What do you think?
    Last edited by bluenwhite; 11-19-2007 at 03:04 PM. Reason: Add one more question and correct another one.

Quote Originally Posted by bluenwhite View Post
    Hello everyone,

I just got my new iphone. The problem that its 1.1.2 OTB

For the current time, can I jailbreak it, activate it, and use it for browsing internet via WiFi and as ipod?

Will this brick my iphone? If not, do I have to reverginize later to update or upgrade?

Do you think that unlock will be available for it? How long would it take (estimation)?

I believe an unlock will be available only when a new firmware gets released so that we can read the traffic and find out what is happening.. What do you think?
    What do you mean with " we can read the traffic and find out what is happening" ? My english is not the best :P

I mean that we can sniff the Data exchanged between the device (our iphone) and the drivers.

This way we can analyze how it access the baseband and changes it. Then we can implement the same to flash the older baseband firmware and have it working.