Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Guide upgrade 1.0.2.-1.1.1 to 1.1.2 unlocked on T-mobile

Default Guide upgrade 1.0.2.-1.1.1 to 1.1.2 unlocked on T-mobile
    this is the easiest guide ever http://www.hacktheiphone.com/112/iph...nlock_mac.html

if for some reason you get stuck at any point please post questions here so that i can try to help you..
    Last edited by joseruinyc; 11-19-2007 at 02:15 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to joseruinyc For This Useful Post:

mojojojo (11-19-2007), Sully008 (11-20-2007)

Default Success! 1.02->1.1.2 unlocked and jailbroken
    I just wanted to add to this thread. I used the above link to go from an unlocked/jailbroken 1.0.2 phone with 4.01.13_G firmware to 1.1.2 with 4.02.13_G firmware, unlocked/ jailbroken.

There were a couple of issues that I ran into, though. First, I tried updating to 1.1.2 with iTunes 7.4.2 at Step 1, it came back with an error 1603. I then upgraded to iTunes 7.5 and redid the update and it came out successfully.

Another problem I ran into was trying to jailbreak the 1.1.1 software at Step 11. The first time when I disconnected the phone from iTunes and ran iNdependence it sat there stating "connected to iPhone in Restore Mode". I tried restarting iNdependence several times and no go. What finally cured it for me was redoing the 1.1.1 restore, then waiting a couple of seconds after ejecting the iPhone and quitting iTunes before launching iNdependence.

The final problem I ran into was during Step 12, activating using *#307#. For some reason the iPhone wouldn't connect to my Wi-Fi using my network password. I had to completely open the network (no password, no security) for the iPhone to see it.

After that all went well. It took ~3hours start to finish, but I'm now on a 1.1.2 unlocked/jailbroken phone. Everything is working, NES/GBA, Summerboard, iSwitcher, YouTube, etc... The only thing I noticed is that Customize did not change the incoming SMS alert. All other sounds changed.

BTW, for anybody wanting to add custom ringtones to 1.1.2, all I did was convert the song to AAC in iTunes, change the extension from .m4a to .m4r, and then SSH'd the .m4r files into /Library/ringtones folder using Cyberduck. All my custom ones ended up in the ringtone list in the Settings. I also used this technique in 1.0.2 except they were .mp3s instead of .m4r.

Sorry for the long winded post. Hopefully this will help someone. Also, I'm in Canada running on the Rogers network.
    Last edited by Sully008; 11-20-2007 at 12:24 PM.

had the same problem on step 11 (restored angain and independence kinked it out of rcovery... from there every thing went well. hand no wifi problems....

glad it worked. was it preaty easy to follow?

Quote Originally Posted by joseruinyc View Post
    had the same problem on step 11 (restored angain and independence kinked it out of rcovery... from there every thing went well. hand no wifi problems....

glad it worked. was it preaty easy to follow?
    Very easy to follow. It's the troubleshooting that took up some time. Otherwise it's almost a no brainer.

I have an unlocked/jailbroken 1.0.2 iPhone. Do I leave my T-mobile SIM card in while I do all this? Or do I take it out and not put it in again until the end?

the thread with the title pre-guide is a good tutorial

i left mine in all the time

hey guys, i installed high thymes so had to restore my FW to 1.1.2...now i am going to try this guide tomorrow to get to 1.1.2 fully working. just one question, i have both the AT&T sim and rogers(canada) sim which one should i keep inside the phone while goign through the guide? ..or does it even matter? i currently have the original AT&T sim inside...
    thx

Quote Originally Posted by gamezz View Post
    hey guys, i installed high thymes so had to restore my FW to 1.1.2...now i am going to try this guide tomorrow to get to 1.1.2 fully working. just one question, i have both the AT&T sim and rogers(canada) sim which one should i keep inside the phone while goign through the guide? ..or does it even matter? i currently have the original AT&T sim inside...
    thx
    I left my Rogers sim in the whole time I did the upgrade.

Quote Originally Posted by Sully008 View Post
    I left my Rogers sim in the whole time I did the upgrade.
    when you use anysim at 1.0.2 you should have the sim that you use as you carrier inserted in the phone.
    Last edited by joseruinyc; 11-21-2007 at 08:06 AM.

is there a guide for windows users? everything ive found involves using mac programs.. i tried using idemocracy to virginize my 1.02 but it gets stuck in the process.. thanks in advance

thx
    Last edited by gamezz; 11-21-2007 at 03:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by gamezz View Post
    does the sim work before anysim1.2u?
    thx
    If you follow the guide, by step 9 you should have an unlocked/jailbroken phone running. 1.0.2. Mine worked fine at that point, and I continued to the end.

cool now on 1.1.2 with everything...thx for the guide!!
    for people trying to or will be using the guide...try the below

-----------
    enter *#307# and then press call

3. Your phone will ring itself, press answer

4. Press hold now and your phone will start ringing again

5. Press Dismiss and your phone will go into the contacts/dial screen
    ----------------
    when u get to the part where u have to press *#307#... the excerpt is from hackintosh... the problem i had with the guide steps was the keypad didnt show up after calling *#307#...
    so hopefully the above works ...

rest follow the guide and u are good

OK, I've restored to 1.1.2 firmware, and when at Step 3, I go to restore to 1.0.2, I get the error 1 message. I have gone to DFU mode about 15 times now. Always the same thing. Am I bricked? Any suggestions?
    Last edited by cyneller; 11-21-2007 at 06:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by cyneller View Post
    OK, I've restored to 1.1.2 firmware, and when at Step 3, I go to restore to 1.0.2, I get the error 1 message. I have gone to DFU mode about 15 times now. Always the same thing. Am I bricked? Any suggestions?
    compress the file into a zip file if on mac you would press control and select compress file that should work.

Quote Originally Posted by joseruinyc View Post
    compress the file into a zip file if on mac you would press control and select compress file that should work.
    if youR still having probleMs im me.
    Last edited by joseruinyc; 11-21-2007 at 09:16 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

I am an old retard, and don't know how to IM you. But I can't figure out how to compress the file; it's already a zip file (as downloaded)--I assume we're talking about the 1.0.2 firmware. I mean, I can compress it with StuffIt, it gives me some options (bzip2, gzip, UNIX compress), but iTunes doesn't seem to like these--won't even extract the files. You can IM me, I don't know how you do it though. I have to give you some info, I guess, but I don't even know what info . . .
    Last edited by cyneller; 11-21-2007 at 09:45 PM.

ARE YOU USING A MAC? osx?

if yes then go to finder you user name library then itunes then iphone software updates and chose 1.0.2 that shoud work if the zip file doesnt?
    Last edited by joseruinyc; 11-21-2007 at 09:57 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

same problem using the file in the itunes folder

running OS X 10.4.something

then do this restore up to 1.1.2 then back to 1.0.2

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast