+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Step by Step Unlock Guides for 1.1.2?

is a discussion within the

Unlocking / Activation

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
It appears clear (but would be happy to be corrected) that there is NO way to unlock an OOTB 1.1.2 iphone. What is not so clear (to me) is how
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Step by Step Unlock Guides for 1.1.2?
    It appears clear (but would be happy to be corrected) that there is NO way to unlock an OOTB 1.1.2 iphone.

What is not so clear (to me) is how to upgrade and UNLOCK from 1.1.1 or earlier...

Does anyone have a step by step guide for doing this, is MMi working on a guide?

The best I have found so far is;

http://www.hackint0sh.org/forum/showthread.php?t=15567

(thank you rmacgurn)

I have read through this and though it does seem that some people are finding success, others are getting into trouble... does anyone have anything better?

Would be great if the Guides could be made Sticky as Unlocking 1.1.2 seems be confusing an awful lot of us, especially people like me that don't have that much in the way of Tech skills...

Any help would be greatly appreciated, Thanks!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Thats right you cant unlock a 1.1.2 yet but you can downgrade to 1.1.1 and jailbreak. I did this yesterday with idemocracy 2 which does the whole thing for you and patches everything. I did the short method (you will understand once you downloaded it) and it worked a treat first time! So i recommend that. But you will need microsoft .net framework 3.5 to run it somake sure you have that installed first!

Good luck!

Green Apple
    Thanks

i know anySIM is not working for 1.1.2, i jailbroke mine with jailbrakeme.com and running on 1.1.1 fw. my questions are:
    - do i need upgrade back to 1.1.2 fw?
    - anySIM not working on my iphone but on my iphone now, how i can remove it?

thank you,