Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.
Thread: Desperate iphoner
11-18-2007, 05:40 AM #1Desperate iphoner
ok, here is the story:
- bought an iphone 1.1.1 native in US serial XXX44XXXXXX last week
- downgraded to 1.0.2 and successfully activated with independence (but not unlocked)
- perform a full sync with my mac
- tried to upgrade to 1.1.1 but made a mistake and upgraded to 1.1.2: shame on me!
- now the little bastard WON'T connect to itunes either on mac or win, therefore I can't perform a downgrade. It shows the usb cable and itunes symbol all the time.
- try to perform an hard reset using sleep+hold button, reinstall itunes 7.5, 7.4, 7.4.2 and even 7.3.2 even deleting hidden files, resetting all settings and data via general settings accessed through *307#* etc., BUT NOTHING SEEMS TO WORK
It seems to charge when connected to mac and win and also iphoto detected it (as well does System Profiler), but not itunes.
Very frustrating: hope someone can save the life of the little bastard before I start making some microwave experiment on it
Last edited by Magic Marcus; 11-18-2007 at 05:43 AM.
11-18-2007, 05:57 AM #2
press home and standby buttons together, release standby when the screen goes black and keep holding home until itunes puts it into recovery mode. then you should be able to restore to 1.0.2
11-18-2007, 07:01 AM #3