+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Desperate iphoner

is a discussion within the

Unlocking / Activation

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
ok, here is the story: - bought an iphone 1.1.1 native in US serial XXX44XXXXXX last week - downgraded to 1.0.2 and successfully activated with independence (but not unlocked) -
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Desperate iphoner
    ok, here is the story:
    - bought an iphone 1.1.1 native in US serial XXX44XXXXXX last week
    - downgraded to 1.0.2 and successfully activated with independence (but not unlocked)
    - perform a full sync with my mac
    - tried to upgrade to 1.1.1 but made a mistake and upgraded to 1.1.2: shame on me!
    - now the little bastard WON'T connect to itunes either on mac or win, therefore I can't perform a downgrade. It shows the usb cable and itunes symbol all the time.
    - try to perform an hard reset using sleep+hold button, reinstall itunes 7.5, 7.4, 7.4.2 and even 7.3.2 even deleting hidden files, resetting all settings and data via general settings accessed through *307#* etc., BUT NOTHING SEEMS TO WORK

It seems to charge when connected to mac and win and also iphoto detected it (as well does System Profiler), but not itunes.

Very frustrating: hope someone can save the life of the little bastard before I start making some microwave experiment on it

Many thanks
    Last edited by Magic Marcus; 11-18-2007 at 04:43 AM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

restore it.

press home and standby buttons together, release standby when the screen goes black and keep holding home until itunes puts it into recovery mode. then you should be able to restore to 1.0.2

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by RickyGervais View Post
    restore it.

press home and standby buttons together, release standby when the screen goes black and keep holding home until itunes puts it into recovery mode. then you should be able to restore to 1.0.2
    did it a hundred times... nothing happens: iphone screen remains black while itunes keeps sleeping.