Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.
Thread: Questionsis a discussion within the
Unlocking / Activationforums, a part of the
Hey all, I'm new here and I just got myself an iPhone! The iPhone is running on 1.1.1 and it's unlocked. My question is: 1) Installer/Appsnap = same thing? 2)...
11-18-2007, 03:06 AM #1Questions
I'm new here and I just got myself an iPhone! The iPhone is running on 1.1.1 and it's unlocked.
My question is:
1) Installer/Appsnap = same thing?
2) I want the "installer" program on my iPhone for the 3rd party applications (Summerboard, NES, etc.) .. but do I have to virginize the phone before doing so?
3) Jail breaking your phone gets you the installer program right?
I've read some of the guides.. and it got me even more confused, lol.
Sorry for the dumb questions
11-18-2007, 03:19 AM #2
Welcome to modmyi.com, I will be your representative today. If you are running the v 1.1.1 firmware on your phone, you simply go to jailbreakme.com and this will get the installer (which is much like the ubuntu synaptic package manager) ok kinda...on your iphone, and from there you can install and use many many 3rd party apps. Is there anything else I can help you with? Thanks again for visiting modmyi.com Please come again. We strive for the upmost quality and support for HACKING errr Modding your ifone. Thanks again. -Digitol-
11-18-2007, 03:28 AM #3
we were all new once
1. appsnapp in an online site thatinstalls installer for u, but it also jailbreaks the phone and secures it by locking out .tiff files (which could be used for viruses against you phone)
2. u do NOT have to virginize ur phoneto install installer, only to upgrade to 1.1.1 from 1.0.2 u have to...
3.JAILBERAKING AND INSTALLER ARE NOT THE SAME THING. Jailbreaking gives u access to all of the system folders on the iphone, because normally u can only access 1 or 2 out of 10...but u need jailbreaking to install the installer...
but if u havent jailbroken ur phone yet but u want installer... simply go to jailbreakme.com and it will jailbreak and install the installer on ur phone..
hope this was clear and it helps u...
ask if u want to know anythin else...
The Following User Says Thank You to luiz For This Useful Post:
11-18-2007, 03:32 AM #4
Thanks Digitol and iWant 1.1.1 for clearing things up for me
My phone is unlocked right now. So, jailbreaking my phone will not lock my phone right?
11-18-2007, 03:48 AM #5
nope not at all
ur free to go :P