Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Help!!! Need to virginize iphone to return it to apple

Default Help!!! Need to virginize iphone to return it to apple
    HI All,

I bought the iphone in the month of may( yes, 20 days back) and it has conked off. Hence I need to return it to apple.

The problem is that I have jailbroken+unloack+activated using ziphone 3.0. My question is , how do I virgnize it so that I can claim warranty. My questions are
    1. Do i need to use ziphone ?
    2. or only itunes restore is enough ?
    3. or is there some other tool ?
    4. If I need to restore which version should I restore to ( I bought my phone in May)?
    5. Do I need to upgrade/downgrade bootloader ?

Details about the phone:

Firmware: 1.1.4
    Bootloader : not sure.( does Ziphone3.0 downgrade the bootloader from 4.6 to 3.9 ? Do I need to upgrade the bootloader ? If yes, how do I do it? )
    Modem firmware: 04.04.05_G ( Do I need to upgrade or downgrade this version too ? )

I am not sure about the firmware and bootloader version before using ziphone.

Thanks a lot in advance,

Cheers
    Chin

Searh And You Will Find!
    HaRdWiReD

YES YOU NEED do upgrade to bootloader 4.6 you can do that using bootneuter from installer. i dont think apple would honor the warranty though, i just registered mine on their website and checked to see if my warranty is valid and it said that the phonen hasnt been activated yet therefor there s no warranty. i hope im wrong but good luck

Quote Originally Posted by djtimsah View Post
    YES YOU NEED do upgrade to bootloader 4.6 you can do that using bootneuter from installer. i dont think apple would honor the warranty though, i just registered mine on their website and checked to see if my warranty is valid and it said that the phonen hasnt been activated yet therefor there s no warranty. i hope im wrong but good luck
    Im having the same problem. I need to retuen my phone but on apples website it isnt showing being activated. I need to virginize it but i cant because my touchscreen isnt working

Yea I'm in the same boat. Apparently you can click "refurbish" in Ziphone to totally virginize and restore everything so you can send it back to Apple, but I'm on a mac and don't see that option... Am I totally blind? Or is this a PC-specific option?
    i LOVE apple.

Add Unlock the iPhone - the simple tutorial! to Installer, and install "The Virginizer". Only works on 1.1.1 or 1.0.2 but once thats done, you restore in itunes with "option+restore" methos (or shift+restore for PC users) to 1.1.1, and then update to whatever firmware you use, and take it back to Apple and you should be good.
    i LOVE apple.

If your screen doesn't work anymore, use Pwnage tool and select to have it automagically use Bootneuter to upgrade to 4.6, then after it's done restore with iTunes.