+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: ANYSIM didnt work>>Do i need to virginize?

is a discussion within the

Unlocking / Activation

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
Hey just one question... I tried to unlock my phone using anysim on my 1.1.1 firmware.... installed anysim v1.1 on my phone but everytime i insert my new sim card
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default ANYSIM didnt work>>Do i need to virginize?
    Hey just one question...
    I tried to unlock my phone using anysim on my 1.1.1 firmware....
    installed anysim v1.1 on my phone but everytime i insert my new sim card it dont work..I know i cant install it again so my questions is do i need to virginize in order to restore..

My IME # matches to the one in back of the phone!!Any advice on what i should do so i can try to unlock again..>>>
    Thanks for any help

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by sexyflako View Post
    Hey just one question...
    installed anysim v1.1 on my phone but everytime i insert my new sim card it dont work..I know i cant install it again so my questions is do i need to virginize in order to restore..

My IME # matches to the one in back of the phone!!Any advice on what i should do so i can try to unlock again..>>>
    Thanks for any help
    Revirgin your phone and unlock your phone, step by step like whatever they said at iphone.unlock.no

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sexyflako View Post
    Hey just one question...

Thanks for any help
    run anysim each time you change simcard

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Any SIM not working
    I can run any SIM but it could not unlock my SIM. I do not know how I can fix it?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    The symptom of new SIMSs not working indicates that you are having an activation problem. On the Mac, I use iNdependance. try unactivating then reactivating. Once the phone has solid activation you will be able to install new SIMs

The way AnySim works allows you to insert any working GSM SIM card. I do it all the time with my AnySim unlocked phone. I have 3 SIMS that I interchange all the time. From my understanding, AnySim flashes the baseband/modem so that your phone thinks it is unlocked and is independant of which SIM is in your phone. Make sure a new SIM, the SIM you plan to use first is installed when you run AnySim to unlock.

***Be sure your SIM's PIN has been removed by your old phone before putting into the iPhone****