+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: unlock jailbroken 1.1.2 iphone on a mac

is a discussion within the

Unlocking / Activation

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
hi guys i just update my unlocked 1.1.1 iphone to 1.1.2...everything went fine...just one question, now it is jailbroaken and i can access the springboard...ho do i unlock it to
    Green Apple
    Thanks

Default unlock jailbroken 1.1.2 iphone on a mac
    hi guys

i just update my unlocked 1.1.1 iphone to 1.1.2...everything went fine...just one question, now it is jailbroaken and i can access the springboard...ho do i unlock it to use any simcard? (i live in switzerland...) i still have the original at&t sim if needed...oh yeah, i'm using a mac...

version: 1.1.2 (3B48b)
    modem fw: 04.02.13_G

EDIT: i used anysim to unlock

thanks for your time...
    Last edited by gorduxo; 11-17-2007 at 02:23 AM.

Green Apple
    Thanks

there is not a safe sim unlock for 1.1.2 as far as i know, according to idemocracy, they will have one out within days....hopefully

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by gorduxo View Post
    hi guys

i just update my unlocked 1.1.1 iphone to 1.1.2...everything went fine...just one question, now it is jailbroaken and i can access the springboard...ho do i unlock it to use any simcard? (i live in switzerland...) i still have the original at&t sim if needed...oh yeah, i'm using a mac...

version: 1.1.2 (3B48b)
    modem fw: 04.02.13_G

EDIT: i used anysim to unlock

thanks for your time...
    Gorduxo,
    Same question I have been researching for days and there appears to be more than on answer. Seems if you still have the original bootloader 3.9 there is a sim unlock proccedure, but if u did a restore or somehow updated your bootloader to 4.x then you are out of luck for a while...

read this link ..
    http://www.hackint0sh.org/forum/showthread.php?t=15921
    edit: here is a new link and a bit clearer also: http://www.hackint0sh.org/forum/showthread.php?t=15567

they claim it works to get to unlocked 1.1.2

definately not easy to follow but the author says it works with patience. please let us know as I am ready to jump if i an find one other that can confirm...

rick
    Last edited by rmacgurn; 11-17-2007 at 12:22 PM. Reason: update links

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I downgraded to 1.1.1 and ran the latest anysim for the new baseband, then upgraded to 1.1.2 and ran the new jailbreak with the oktoprep exploit. Works fine for me.

Be warned, theres no independence for 1.1.2 yet, so if you use that program, it wont be working to get you back to dfu mode etc

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by RickyGervais View Post
    I downgraded to 1.1.1 and ran the latest anysim for the new baseband, then upgraded to 1.1.2 and ran the new jailbreak with the oktoprep exploit. Works fine for me.

Be warned, theres no independence for 1.1.2 yet, so if you use that program, it wont be working to get you back to dfu mode etc
    Ricky

can u give the details of the steps you used and also where you started from. eg was unlock and jailbroken iphone on v1.1.1 then .... or whatever was your situation.. could help some of us.

thx
    Rick

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Sure Ill have a go

My route wasnt the easiest by a long shot, Partly my own fault.

Basically I had a 1.0.2 phone upgraded to a 1.1.1, jailbroken and ran anysim. Worked great. After reading peoples 50/50 opinions on updating to 1.1.2 I figured id bite the bullet since I wanted the Garbled SMS stuff sorted etc etc.

I ran oktoprep and updated, but it failed in itunes and I had to restore, which lost the oktoprep. So I went all the way back to 1.0.2, unlocked, activated. I then ran the new anySIM for the new baseband. That went ok and said it worked. I then upgraded to 1.1.1 and used the jailbreakme.com method, and I was left with a phone that couldnt get any service. I ran installer and added the oktoprep, updated in itunes went fine. Grabbed the new jailbreak method from conceited software, worked first time and everything works fine

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by RickyGervais View Post
    Sure Ill have a go

My route wasnt the easiest by a long shot, Partly my own fault.

Basically I had a 1.0.2 phone upgraded to a 1.1.1, jailbroken and ran anysim. Worked great. After reading peoples 50/50 opinions on updating to 1.1.2 I figured id bite the bullet since I wanted the Garbled SMS stuff sorted etc etc.

I ran oktoprep and updated, but it failed in itunes and I had to restore, which lost the oktoprep. So I went all the way back to 1.0.2, unlocked, activated. I then ran the new anySIM for the new baseband. That went ok and said it worked. I then upgraded to 1.1.1 and used the jailbreakme.com method, and I was left with a phone that couldnt get any service. I ran installer and added the oktoprep, updated in itunes went fine. Grabbed the new jailbreak method from conceited software, worked first time and everything works fine
    Ricky

Can you clarify the part about using the conceited software jailbreak..if I read you post right you were still sim locked when you updated to 1.1.1, but had access to springboard. then you did the oktoprep step,and updated to 1,1,2 when/how did you unlock this?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Clarification that 1.1.2 fixes SMS garbled issues?
    Hi Ricky...thanks for the encouraging info. I've just been down the locked 1.1.2 back to 1.0.2, old baseband etc route and after much work have got an (almost except for some SMS's) working 1.1.1/04.01.13_G iPhone (on Optus Australia).

I get garbled SMS's from (funnily enough) within Optus -most others are fine, but I was hoping you could confirm that the 1.1.2/04.02.13_G fixes this?

Happy to share my experiences if anyone in interested!

Thanks,

Keith