Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: No WiFi - how to activate wifi??

Unhappy No WiFi - how to activate wifi??
    Hi,
    have a 3G sim card for telenor. Was running 1.1.1 jailed and needed activation so i downgraded to 1.0.2 which worked. Unlocked and happy i wanted 1.1.1 so i installed SSH via indendence to install new firmware. Now when it returns it have disabled Wi-Fi and the alert "Repair Needed iphone cannot mak or receive calls".

I dont know what to do. tried for over 8 hours to get up n running. Can i reset it some how or activate wifi again??

Did you revirginize the baseband?

yes i just downgraded to 1.0.2 and installed bbupdater, ICE03.14.08_G.eep, ICE03.14.08_G.fls, ieraser, and secpack. Install app is there. I did a mistake and hit the install SSH. After that it returned without WiFi.

Can i somehow restore it to 1.0.2 once again?

** UPDATE
    I got into the filesystem with iBrickr and when i navigate to /USR/BIN/ i only find simulatecrash. I wonder if anyone can send me their files from the /usr/bin directory for 1.0.2. I just want to connect to the phone and remake the baseband procedure!!
    i just found that baseband is 03.14.08_G with *#3001#12345#*
    Last edited by subs; 11-15-2007 at 11:06 AM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Same Problem, No luck :(
    Subs,

I am having the same problem. I have used multiple guides of the procedures involving bbupdater, ierase, virginator, norz, bbreloader - i have so far had no luck restoring wifi nor fixing the bad IMEI (00499).

No one knows what to do - they can't figure out why it doesn't work. They assure me if I do as the procedures that my phone will be fixed - but I haven't had any luck yet and its been 5 solid days of doing nothing but trying to fix it.

I even bought IPFS with the hope that it would somehow do something the others have not - but I haven't even been able to load it seeing as it requires 1.1.1 activated and jailbroken (which, due to the fact that I don't have wifi) is impossible.

I am miserable.

I hope someone has the knowledge to figure out what exactly the problem is and how to fix it...

I've still got the same problem as obzrv...

Bad IMEI, no wifi, no BT. Started with v1.1.1. Had it activated/unlocked fine for a while, but after installing some 3rd party app I got the incorrect SIM message and have not been able to recover.

I've downgraded to v1.0.2 & 03.14.08_G, 'virginized'....follow all the guides I can find. But nothing restores the IMEI/wifi/bt.

I've even tried 'upgrading' to v1.1.2 to see if that would restore the IMEI, but no such luck. So now I'm back to v1.0.2 & 03.14.08_G.

Does anyone have any advice? Can anyone even suggest what else might be wrong? What have we corrupted that is not being fixed by the 'virginizing' process?

I believe there are many, many people in this same situation. Thanks.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

anyone see this? http://code.google.com/p/iphone-elite/wiki/TEASecZone i don't have my original seczone but anyone know anyone who can see if this would work?

not sure but just throwing it out there...

ok guys look
    my phone says no wifi i downgraded from 1.1 to 1.0.2 and its activated but i cannot get it unlocked, when i tried anysim it says already patched and it does nothing.
    i dont know what is virginizer and when i read on the internet i dont understand anything!

could u please help me and tell me how to get my phone unlocked again!
    step by step please :/ am not really good at this

Hey Guys
    I have a 2g with 3.0 firmware.
    My wifi stopped working since I upgraded to 2.1 and now i have 3.0.
    Does anyone know what to do?
    Thanks