Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: UK 1.1.2 Iphone PAYG O2 SIM

Default UK 1.1.2 Iphone PAYG O2 SIM
    My experiences so far with a brand new UK Iphone.

O2 allows you to take these from the store without signing up for the contract in the same way that ATT allows you (suckers... ) so I thought it was worth 269 of my hard earned wedge to try and figure out whats going on.

So far I have been able to succesfully Downgrade to 1.1.1, and to 1.0.2 and activate both times.

One thing I noticed, but can't figure out whats changed.

1.02 When activated allows any O2 SIM, 1.1.1 doesn't ? So anyone that wants a brand new activated O2 Phone without the 18 month expensive contract stick with 1.02

I've been trying to re-flash the baseband but it seems locked. Every time I try it looks like it completes fine, but still have the same baseband.

My US ATT Iphone does allow me to upgrade/downgrade at will and I can change the baseband pretty much at will. I can upgrade and unlock 1.1.2 quite easily.

Will keep you posted on my experiences with the new UK phone as they happen, and if anyone has any ideas what gets changed between 1.02 1nd 1.1.1 to prevent using any O2 Sim card it would be much appreciated.

In short. What has changed is the lockdownd file. There is a method to hotswap the lockdownd files so you can use 1.1.2 with an o2 sim. However, it's finicity and requires a fairly good knowledge of launch daemons. It's best just waiting for an unlock.

However, if you're still interested then here's a link:

http://rdgaccess.com/iphone-elite/vi...t=207&start=15

3. The Following User Says Thank You to dilinator For This Useful Post:

m15chief (11-14-2007)

Quote Originally Posted by dilinator View Post
    In short. What has changed is the lockdownd file. There is a method to hotswap the lockdownd files so you can use 1.1.2 with an o2 sim. However, it's finicity and requires a fairly good knowledge of launch daemons. It's best just waiting for an unlock.

However, if you're still interested then here's a link:

http://rdgaccess.com/iphone-elite/vi...t=207&start=15
    Many Thanks, Will give this a go.

Thanks

Are you getting GPRS / EDGE with an o2 PAYG sim? It didn't work previously

Quote Originally Posted by redcard View Post
    Are you getting GPRS / EDGE with an o2 PAYG sim? It didn't work previously
    Yes, there are instructions somewhere to fix Edge, can't seem to put my hands on them though.

Also a fix for Visual VM, but won't be able to use it on O2 Payg anyway.

Thanks

Yeah, I know it works through that proxy hack. Was just wondering if it worked OOTB on an unlocked phone

Quote Originally Posted by redcard View Post
    Yeah, I know it works through that proxy hack. Was just wondering if it worked OOTB on an unlocked phone
    I only have my US Iphone with me at work, but i'll check on the UK phone when I get home and let you know, will try to down/upgrade again and see what happens.

Thanks
    Paul.

http://modmyi.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15837

complete solution for all o2 users is there now. Including voicemail (although not visual).

If anybody has any solutions for visual voicemail, please speak up .
    Last edited by dilinator; 11-14-2007 at 11:22 AM.

I just found a pretty good guide how to do it but, I have Vista 64. Am I screwed?

I really didn't think about 64-bit support since you know.. Leopard is 64bit and all...

i wanna downgrade my 1.1.2 !!!!!
    and i dont know how!!!!!!

can anybody give me any reference or instructions (i have not yet activated)

Quote Originally Posted by bebex View Post
    i wanna downgrade my 1.1.2 !!!!!
    and i dont know how!!!!!!

can anybody give me any reference or instructions (i have not yet activated)
    I had this exact problem. Took me ages to figure out. Get iBrickr 0.91 and use that to open up a doorway to downgrade to 1.1.1.

I then followed this guide:

http://www.modmyi.com/forums/showthread.php?t=16311