Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: This accesory is not made to work with iPhone

Default This accesory is not made to work with iPhone
    Hello, something weird is going on with this iPhone i have, suddenly it started to show "This accesory is not made to work with iPhone" "Would you like to turn on Airplane Made to reduce audio interference " "YES / NO". with nothing plugged to it... it shows every 30 seconds or so..

Also, home button is unresponsive, i click it and it does nothing.. instead of taking me to the menu..

Also, iTunes won't recognize it at all, nor independence, even in recovery mode.. so battery is running off, it has less than 10% of battery remaining.. I tried to plug it to wall charger and it won't charge either..

it was a 1.0.2 unlocked with old unlock.app (the one with 20 minutes wait)...

any suggestions? I can't restore it since i have no recognition... please help...

Thumbs down Same Boat
    I have the exact same problems...nothing more, but all the symptoms. However, it began right after I dropped my iPhone onto a hard floor. I've trolled all over the net looking for a fix, but it's starting to look like I'm selling this one off for parts and getting a new phone.

Sorry I can't be of help, but thought you might at least appreciate the company.
    PLEASE click everyone's "Thanks" buttons...they are begging for it.

looks like a brick then...
    i realized i can still charge the phone with firewire plug to wall, this one belonged to an old ipod..
    i had thought it could be recognized in itunes when i plugged it into the firewire port, but instead iphone started to show a bright white screen and then shut down... so i guess this one is a brick then...
    please let me know if find a solution, my friend who owns the iphone said that he did not dropped the phone or anything it suddenly started to show like this... its weird but i guess its a brick then...

I've actually been able to get it to charge on an iHome cradle in my hotel room, but beyond that I have little hope for recovery.

At least I'll have tunes on the flight home tomorrow! And more importantly...I can afford to replace it (Thank God).

Not sure if you guys have tried this already or not, but stop trying to charge the iphones. Do whatever you can to make it lose its battery power. Even if it only shows a white screen and shuts off it still takes power to power the screen. (This will help kill the battery faster. Otherwise you will have to wait a week or so for the battery to die on its own, however when the phone is powered off those batteries last a LONG time...) Do this until the iPhone is completely dead! Like dead dead! It should show no signs of life what-so-ever! Then try to charge it, leave it plugged in for around 2 hours before doing ANYTHING on it. Once it's been plugged in for a couple hours, hold down the power and home key at the same time for 30 seconds.

If the problem persists, the phone will need repair or you can sell for parts. If it works, congratulations!

Quote Originally Posted by jwcrash View Post
    I have the exact same problems...nothing more, but all the symptoms. However, it began right after I dropped my iPhone onto a hard floor. I've trolled all over the net looking for a fix, but it's starting to look like I'm selling this one off for parts and getting a new phone.

Sorry I can't be of help, but thought you might at least appreciate the company.
    How much would you sell it for?

Quote Originally Posted by robert_ayala View Post
    How much would you sell it for?
    SOLD on Ebay for $325.
    Last edited by jwcrash; 12-12-2007 at 12:36 AM. Reason: Sale update