Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [GUIDE] Jailbreak + Activation 1.1.2 for IPSF only

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default [GUIDE] Jailbreak + Activation 1.1.2 for IPSF only
    I've been working on a revised version of the guide and here it is! I'd like to mention that I'm just trying to make things easier and concise for you guys so remember credits go to the iphone hackers around ok? The only difference if you're not IPSF unlocked is that you'll need an unlock after activating 1.1.2(e.g anySim)

p.s I can't find how to rename the thread, could someone tell me how?

New features:
    • Patched lockdown 1.1.2
    • Fixes crashing of phone/sms
    • Carrier settings

What you'll need:

Extra tools for the optional steps:

Downgrade to 1.1.1
    (lots of guides around, follow them)
    - I noticed that AppSnap won't work if iTunes doesn't see the iphone 1st. Like an initial "sync" is needed. Then you can just close it.
    - After jailbreak, install package Oktoprep from Installer>Tweaks(1.1.1)
    Upgrade to 1.1.2
    - Click on upgrade in iTunes and go get some coffee
    Jailbreak 1.1.2
    - So, right now you should have a nice 1.1.2 activate screen talking in tongues. As a rule of thumb, just open iTunes and let it detect the iPhone then close it.
    - Now run windows.bat from the 1.1.2 jailbreak and check option Install ssh, change password if needed and click Jailbreak
    - Might take like 5-10 mins, more coffee maybe?
    Activate 1.1.2
    - By now you should have rebooted your phone and you're back at the 1.1.2 active screen
    - Run winscp, put necessary info (ip address, usr/pwd, let it on SFTP in the protocol) and click connect
    - Now go to /usr/libexec/ and make a backup of lockdownd on your pc(we NEVER know)
    - Unzip the patched lockdownd and put in /usr/libexec/
    - Click on "more", set permissions 0755 (so check all Xs, you'll figure it out)
    - Click ok, and overwrite the existing lockdownd
    - Reboot your phone
    Carrier settings *optional* (For those who wanna sexy up that iphone )
    - Winscp to your phone and put ls and bash in /bin
    - Click on "more", set both permissions to 0755
    - Check here for your carrier's MCC and MNC (it's not as hard as it sounds)
    e.g MCC = 334 MNC = 02, the number we'll need is 33402
    - Open the Telcel.plist in UltraEdit or wordpad and modify accordingly (Don't forget to rename your .plist file & change the supported sim section)
    - Use winscp to put the modified .plist to /System/Library/Frameworks/CoreTelephony.framework/Support/
    - Open putty and connect to your phone
    - Type bash at the prompt
    - Type cd /System/Library/Frameworks/CoreTelephony.framework/Support
    - Type ln -s YOURCARRIER.plist NUMBER
    e.g ln -s Telcel.plist 302370
    - Remove your sim and put some other sim in it to reset the carrier settings(maybe that unactivated att simcard lying around? )
    - Remove the sim card and put back in yours after the phone detected it
    - You should be set, no reboot needed

Fix for crashing phone/sms *optional* (you won't need that step if it's not crashing (duh... ) )
    - Check here for your ISO code and ITU phone code
    e.g Mexico: ISO code = mx, ITU = 52
    - Open AppSupport in UltraEdit
    - Press Ctrl+G and enter 0xA0AC
    - On the right end of the string replace mx with your ISO code
    - On the next line, replace 52 with your ITU phone code
    - Save the changes
    - Winscp into your phone and browse to /System/Library/Frameworks/AppSupport.framework/
    - Overwrite the existing AppSupport (make sure that permissions = 0755, read previous steps if you don't understand)
    - Reboot your phone and you're set!

If you're making carrier.plist for your carrier, post it here when you're done and I'll add it to the guide. (Sharing is caring.. ) Special thanks to kuhnesito for helping me test the stuff and especially to my girlfriend for giving me time to write this guide! Enjoy the new updated guide!

UPDATE:
    Fido.plist
    Tstt.plist
    Last edited by callx; 11-20-2007 at 12:44 AM. Reason: Lol, screwed up on intruction how to create symlinks! Added some plists

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to callx For This Useful Post:

dej4y (11-13-2007), gready123456 (11-20-2007), joe558 (11-12-2007), majunche66 (11-18-2007), piksel (11-19-2007), yowiphone (11-30-2007)

I can confirm, this works PERFECT. Thanks man, also, you can use itunes 7.5, not just 7.4
    Last edited by joe558; 11-13-2007 at 12:00 AM.

Does the phone remain unlocked after jailbreak and activation?

Thanks bro

5. The Following User Says Thank You to pranx For This Useful Post:

svrroot (11-19-2007)

yes, with ipsf it remains unlocked

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Good to hear guys! Cheers

i baught my iphone with 1.0.1 unlockd it with ipsf upgrade to 1.0.2. remain unlock then 1.1.1 no virginizing method still remain unlock im sure on 1.1.2 would still be unlock im juz to lazy do all the works again hehe (all my custom app)

Does this work with uk iPhones?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

honcho223, no I don't think so, I read about UK phones having different bootloaders.

Livin the iPhone Life aziatiklover's Avatar
    Thanks

nice guide
     Think Different

Now, for a clear view.

If I unlocked an 1.1.1 phone with ipsf 1.6 and never before up and downgraded from 1.1.1 to 1.1.2 and back (unlocked with 1.1.1 baseband, not 1.1.2), will the phone still be unlocked after following that guide?

Does it mean that the ipsf unlock on 1.1.1 survieve the update to 1.1.2?

f I unlocked an 1.1.1 phone with ipsf 1.6 and never before up and downgraded from 1.1.1 to 1.1.2 and back (unlocked with 1.1.1 baseband, not 1.1.2), will the phone still be unlocked after following that guide?

I'm wondering the same thing. I gotta say though, even if this method is proven to work, I don't know what the point of upgrading is. I may stay with 1.1.1 until something worthwhile comes along.

It works perfectly...ipsf is nice =)

Yes, I tested it, too! And it works everything. Praise the ipsf-Team!!!!

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

what's ipsf??

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by pingwhen View Post
    what's ipsf??
    ipsf = iPhoneSimFree
    paid alternative unlock solution for iPhone

Quote Originally Posted by Majestic View Post
    Now, for a clear view.

If I unlocked an 1.1.1 phone with ipsf 1.6 and never before up and downgraded from 1.1.1 to 1.1.2 and back (unlocked with 1.1.1 baseband, not 1.1.2), will the phone still be unlocked after following that guide?

Lol, got mine ipsf unlocked back in the
    1.0.2 days, and it's still unlocked after all these upgrades/downgrades
    Last edited by callx; 11-13-2007 at 12:50 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Default clarification
    Hey guys,

So I have a 1.11 ipsf unlocked, jailbreaked phone, BUT I am using AT&T (I unlocked b/c I travel internationally alot and don't want to deal with at&T international charges when I'm out of the country). I am running itunes 7.5 on my powerbook. So I am on OSX 10.5 with a power-pc chip computer. Can I do the upgrade without problems? Will I be able to activate normally with my AT&T sim in the phone? Will my phone remain unlocked after i upgrade? Please let me know

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sorrick View Post
    Hey guys,

So I have a 1.11 ipsf unlocked, jailbreaked phone, BUT I am using AT&T (I unlocked b/c I travel internationally alot and don't want to deal with at&T international charges when I'm out of the country). I am running itunes 7.5 on my powerbook. So I am on OSX 10.5 with a power-pc chip computer. Can I do the upgrade without problems? Will I be able to activate normally with my AT&T sim in the phone? Will my phone remain unlocked after i upgrade? Please let me know
    Yes it should, I can't confirm iTunes 7.5 works too coz I had some issues with it, but other people reported it working. So if you want to jailbreak it, only half of the instructions apply.

1. Downgrade to 1.1.1
    2. Get Oktoprep installed
    3. Update to 1.1.2
    4. Run osx from 1.1.2 jailbreak package
      If you're missing the readline library (i.e. iPhuc doesn't work for you), you can download it here. Extract the zip to your Desktop, then in Terminal, type "sudo cp ~/Desktop/opt/local/lib/libreadline.5.2.dylib /opt/local/lib". You may need to sudo mkdir the /opt/local/lib folder first.
    5. Reboot
    6. Activate with iTunes and you should be good to go

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

with this jailbreak + activation, does the installer.app already installed in springboard for the 1.1.2?

Thanks in advance

Don't mean to hijack, But if I don't have ipsf...will the way you activated still work or is thrre another way to activate because I would really like to upgrade but I dont want to activate with itunes.

Sent from my iPhone.

Have a major problem:

Followed this guide and everything worked perfect.
    But when im trying to open the sms.app or the missed call list. It crashes back to the springboard.

And the phone freezes when someone trying to call mer.
    No ringtone or vibrate, Only missed call.

How can I fix it?

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast