Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.
11-12-2007, 09:43 PM #1[GUIDE] Jailbreak + Activation 1.1.2 for IPSF only
I've been working on a revised version of the guide and here it is! I'd like to mention that I'm just trying to make things easier and concise for you guys so remember credits go to the iphone hackers around ok? The only difference if you're not IPSF unlocked is that you'll need an unlock after activating 1.1.2(e.g anySim)
p.s I can't find how to rename the thread, could someone tell me how?
- Patched lockdown 1.1.2
- Fixes crashing of phone/sms
- Carrier settings
What you'll need:
Extra tools for the optional steps:
- Putty (SSH client)
- UltraEdit Text Editor (HEX editor)
- Tools (contains BASH, ls, AppSupport, sample carrier.plist)
Downgrade to 1.1.1
(lots of guides around, follow them)
- I noticed that AppSnap won't work if iTunes doesn't see the iphone 1st. Like an initial "sync" is needed. Then you can just close it.Upgrade to 1.1.2
- After jailbreak, install package Oktoprep from Installer>Tweaks(1.1.1)
- Click on upgrade in iTunes and go get some coffeeJailbreak 1.1.2
- So, right now you should have a nice 1.1.2 activate screen talking in tongues. As a rule of thumb, just open iTunes and let it detect the iPhone then close it.Activate 1.1.2
- Now run windows.bat from the 1.1.2 jailbreak and check option Install ssh, change password if needed and click Jailbreak
- Might take like 5-10 mins, more coffee maybe?
- By now you should have rebooted your phone and you're back at the 1.1.2 active screenCarrier settings *optional* (For those who wanna sexy up that iphone )
- Run winscp, put necessary info (ip address, usr/pwd, let it on SFTP in the protocol) and click connect
- Now go to /usr/libexec/ and make a backup of lockdownd on your pc(we NEVER know)
- Unzip the patched lockdownd and put in /usr/libexec/
- Click on "more", set permissions 0755 (so check all Xs, you'll figure it out)
- Click ok, and overwrite the existing lockdownd
- Reboot your phone
- Winscp to your phone and put ls and bash in /bin
- Click on "more", set both permissions to 0755
- Check here for your carrier's MCC and MNC (it's not as hard as it sounds)
e.g MCC = 334 MNC = 02, the number we'll need is 33402- Open the Telcel.plist in UltraEdit or wordpad and modify accordingly (Don't forget to rename your .plist file & change the supported sim section)
- Use winscp to put the modified .plist to /System/Library/Frameworks/CoreTelephony.framework/Support/
- Open putty and connect to your phone
- Type bash at the prompt
- Type cd /System/Library/Frameworks/CoreTelephony.framework/Support
- Type ln -s YOURCARRIER.plist NUMBER
e.g ln -s Telcel.plist 302370- Remove your sim and put some other sim in it to reset the carrier settings(maybe that unactivated att simcard lying around? )
- Remove the sim card and put back in yours after the phone detected it
- You should be set, no reboot needed
Fix for crashing phone/sms *optional* (you won't need that step if it's not crashing (duh... ) )
- Check here for your ISO code and ITU phone code
e.g Mexico: ISO code = mx, ITU = 52- Open AppSupport in UltraEdit
- Press Ctrl+G and enter 0xA0AC
- On the right end of the string replace mx with your ISO code
- On the next line, replace 52 with your ITU phone code
- Save the changes
- Winscp into your phone and browse to /System/Library/Frameworks/AppSupport.framework/
- Overwrite the existing AppSupport (make sure that permissions = 0755, read previous steps if you don't understand)
- Reboot your phone and you're set!
If you're making carrier.plist for your carrier, post it here when you're done and I'll add it to the guide. (Sharing is caring.. ) Special thanks to kuhnesito for helping me test the stuff and especially to my girlfriend for giving me time to write this guide! Enjoy the new updated guide!
Last edited by callx; 11-20-2007 at 12:44 AM. Reason: Lol, screwed up on intruction how to create symlinks! Added some plists
11-12-2007, 11:28 PM #2
I can confirm, this works PERFECT. Thanks man, also, you can use itunes 7.5, not just 7.4
Last edited by joe558; 11-13-2007 at 12:00 AM.
11-12-2007, 11:59 PM #3
Does the phone remain unlocked after jailbreak and activation?
The Following User Says Thank You to pranx For This Useful Post:
11-13-2007, 12:00 AM #4
yes, with ipsf it remains unlocked
11-13-2007, 12:14 AM #5
Good to hear guys! Cheers
11-13-2007, 12:19 AM #6
i baught my iphone with 1.0.1 unlockd it with ipsf upgrade to 1.0.2. remain unlock then 1.1.1 no virginizing method still remain unlock im sure on 1.1.2 would still be unlock im juz to lazy do all the works again hehe (all my custom app)
11-13-2007, 01:53 AM #7
Does this work with uk iPhones?
11-13-2007, 01:59 AM #8
honcho223, no I don't think so, I read about UK phones having different bootloaders.
11-13-2007, 02:01 AM #9
nice guide Think Different
11-13-2007, 06:54 AM #10
Now, for a clear view.
If I unlocked an 1.1.1 phone with ipsf 1.6 and never before up and downgraded from 1.1.1 to 1.1.2 and back (unlocked with 1.1.1 baseband, not 1.1.2), will the phone still be unlocked after following that guide?
Does it mean that the ipsf unlock on 1.1.1 survieve the update to 1.1.2?
11-13-2007, 10:34 AM #11f I unlocked an 1.1.1 phone with ipsf 1.6 and never before up and downgraded from 1.1.1 to 1.1.2 and back (unlocked with 1.1.1 baseband, not 1.1.2), will the phone still be unlocked after following that guide?
Does it mean that the ipsf unlock on 1.1.1 survieve the update to 1.1.2?
11-13-2007, 11:26 AM #12
It works perfectly...ipsf is nice =)
11-13-2007, 12:15 PM #13
Yes, I tested it, too! And it works everything. Praise the ipsf-Team!!!!
11-13-2007, 12:31 PM #14
11-13-2007, 12:50 PM #15
Last edited by callx; 11-13-2007 at 12:50 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
11-13-2007, 01:20 PM #16clarification
So I have a 1.11 ipsf unlocked, jailbreaked phone, BUT I am using AT&T (I unlocked b/c I travel internationally alot and don't want to deal with at&T international charges when I'm out of the country). I am running itunes 7.5 on my powerbook. So I am on OSX 10.5 with a power-pc chip computer. Can I do the upgrade without problems? Will I be able to activate normally with my AT&T sim in the phone? Will my phone remain unlocked after i upgrade? Please let me know
11-13-2007, 01:39 PM #17
- Downgrade to 1.1.1
- Get Oktoprep installed
- Update to 1.1.2
- Run osx from 1.1.2 jailbreak package
If you're missing the readline library (i.e. iPhuc doesn't work for you), you can download it here. Extract the zip to your Desktop, then in Terminal, type "sudo cp ~/Desktop/opt/local/lib/libreadline.5.2.dylib /opt/local/lib". You may need to sudo mkdir the /opt/local/lib folder first.
- Activate with iTunes and you should be good to go
11-13-2007, 01:54 PM #18
with this jailbreak + activation, does the installer.app already installed in springboard for the 1.1.2?
Thanks in advance
11-13-2007, 02:17 PM #19
Don't mean to hijack, But if I don't have ipsf...will the way you activated still work or is thrre another way to activate because I would really like to upgrade but I dont want to activate with itunes.
Sent from my iPhone.
11-13-2007, 02:35 PM #20
Have a major problem:
Followed this guide and everything worked perfect.
But when i´m trying to open the sms.app or the missed call list. It crashes back to the springboard.
And the phone freezes when someone trying to call mer.
No ringtone or vibrate, Only missed call.
How can I fix it?