+ Reply
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [GUIDE] Jailbreak + Activation 1.1.2 for IPSF only

is a discussion within the

Unlocking / Activation

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
These Upgrades are done from a PC, I have a MAC with a IPSF where can I find the way to upgrade to 1.1.2 i am running on 1.1.1... Since
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

These Upgrades are done from a PC, I have a MAC with a IPSF where can I find the way to upgrade to 1.1.2 i am running on 1.1.1... Since 1.1.2 fixes the bugs that woiuld be great to try and upgrade it
    Let me know thanks

Thanks
    Hey luigidelgado thankz man, gracias, pues si me voy a esperar hasta que salga el unlock del sim para poder utilizarlo como iphone, oye una ultima pregunta, abro programas y despues se cierran solos y me llevan a home, son bugs? o que se puede hacer para arreglarlo, gracias en adelanto.

P.S. This is a translation of my new question, lol.

I have my OTB iPhone with 1.1.2. but it crashes or somethin when I open some programs, like I open the program and like 2 min later automatically go to the home panel, so what I can do bout it? Any idea, suggestions or somethin are very appreciated.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

For the NOOBS how to update to 1.1.2 now that 1.1.3 is out Shift Click on Update then click a restor file itunes will update the software and firmware and keeps allur sh*t working llike OktoPrep

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by barkermn01 View Post
    For the NOOBS how to update to 1.1.2 now that 1.1.3 is out Shift Click on Update then click a restor file itunes will update the software and firmware and keeps allur sh*t working llike OktoPrep
    I am sorry, I am new to this, when you click on shift and Update, it opens the file picker, if you choose the file, you cannot go back and click update.
    Can you give more details on how to do this again?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

question w

question when i go to set permission or whatever u said set it to 0755 so all r checked but when i set it to 0755 all of them r not checked 2 r missing but when i check all of them the permission set to 0777 so what should i do?when i set iit to 0755 restarted my tmobile sim wouldnt work
    Last edited by kaine420; 01-23-2008 at 05:56 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I have a version 1.1.1 (3A109a) firmware : 04.01.13_G that I just jailbroke and used IPSF to unlock it. but when I put my new sim in it , I get "different SIM detected" message and "please connect to Itunes to activate".
    I've been searching online the whole day, and the only info I found, says to activate it . I have an at&t sim card ( iphone worked on it since august in USA) and my Plus( I'm in poland right now) sim card. The at&t sim says "not in service" since the provider cut it off , but my plus sim gives me zero bars (and "different sim detected" message) and it doesn't work.

So can I use the method in this tread to activate my iphone, and make it work ??
    Or what else can I do???

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Windows Guide,

Downgrading to 1.1.1
    1. Make sure you have iTunes installed
    2. Download the following
    iPhone1,1_1.1.1_3A109a_Restore.ipsw
    iPhone1,1_1.1.2_3B48b_Restore.ipsw
    1.1.2-jailbreak.zip (and expand it to a folder)
    3. Make sure device is charged (enough for it to run)
    4. Turn off device (hold power key till red slide comes up, slide to turn off)
    5. Hold the home key down and put in cradle(hold key down till the usb-cd and music icon comes up)
    6. A message box "iTunes has detected an iPhone in recovery..." will appear, select the ok button.
    7. Hold the shift on your keyboard, and select the recovery button in Itunes.
    8. A file selection dialog will appear, select the file iPhone1,1_1.1.1_3A109a_Restore.ipsw
    9. Let itunes restore your device, eventually a message will appear in Itunes saying to register,
    10. otherwise if itunes comes up with an error 1015, don't panic. simply run windows.bat (in 1.1.2-jailbreak folder) and select (Boot from recovery)
    11. Your device will now be running 1.1.1 OS

Jailbreaking 1.1.1
    12. turn your iphone on
    13. Slide for emergency
    14. dial *#307# and select the call button
    15. select the cancel button
    16. dial 0 and select the call button
    17. select the answer button
    18. select the hold button
    19. select the decline button
    20. select the contacts button
    21. select the add contacts button
    22. add a contact with prefs:// as the first URL, and http://jailbreakme.com as the second url
    23. select then prefs, and setup your wireless connection
    24. repeat steps 16-20, and then select your contact and select jailbreakme url
    25. scroll to bottom of web page on your device, and select AppTapp installer,
    26. Wait 5 minutes till your device reboots unlocked
    27. If it doesn't reboot after 5 minutes repeat 24-26 a few times till it works
    (important, while jailbreaking for wifi to stay up)

Moving to 1.1.2
    28. Turn your 1.1.1 jailbreak phone on
    29. Slide and unlock the phone
    30. Select the installer icon
    31. Find the application, oktoprep 1.1.1, and run it
    32. It should come up with, "you are ready to preform an update to..."
    33. Select the home button, to close, wait a few seconds and your device will lock again.
    34. Start iTunes
    35. Cancel any warning dailogs
    36. Hold your shift key down on your pc keyboard and select the update button in iTunes
    37. Select the image iPhone1,1_1.1.2_3B48b_Restore.ipsw
    38. Let itunes update your phone to 1.1.2, it will eventually reboot with the slide for emergency button
    39. You now have 1.1.2 installed :-)

Jailbreaking 1.1.2
    40. Close itunes
    41. Run windows.bat file in your 1.1.2-jailbreak folder on PC
    42. Select the jailbreak button on the window that appears
    43. After a few seconds lots of numbers will start appearing in a dos shell :-)
    all good
    44. Eventually you will get a popup window with 'all done, rebooting..."

Getting your sim working :-)
    45. Go to Settings > General > Auto Lock, and set to “Never”.
    46. Go to Installer, and install BSD Sybsystem if it is not already on your phone.
    47. Go to Installer, and add a new source called http://rep.frenchiphone.com
    48. Refresh sources, and then install Anysim 1.21u, but don’t run it yet!
    49. Reboot the iPhone
    50. Go to Settings and turn on the AIRPLANE mode (this is very important. If you forget it your phone will get stuck in a loop and you’ll have to go and beg W9cae for instructions on how to get it out.)
    51. Return to the Springboard and tap on the AnySIM to run anySIM 1.21u.
    52. Your phone is now unlocked, but you are not yet finished.
    53. Go to Installer > Uninstall, and uninstall AnySIM 1.21u.
    54. Install iWorld
    55. Turn Airplane mode off again.
    56. Go to installer and from “Tweaks (1.1.2)” install iWorld
    57. Return to the Springboard, tap on the iWorld icon and follow the prompts.

YAY ALL DONE!!!!!!

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Does this work for OTB 1.1.2 phones...

I am still looking for a software activation for this so I can use my orange sim in it dammit!

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
    You have to mod the appsupport if you are located in a country where the iPhone is not officially for sale. To "fix" this you need to hex-edit AppSupport? and replace an official location with your location. For example if you are located in Belgium then replace "fr/33" (offset 0xA0AC) with "be/32". After this patch MobilePhone? will no longer crash.
    This is what I have to do, but I don't know how. I can't use my OTB 1.1.2 iphone even with a TurboSim, since Dominican Republic is not in iWorld. Could somebody please detail it for a newbees? Please help.
    Be good... Thanks.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Unhappy Thanks to you all
    I am verymuch convinced that there is a solution available to unlock the 1.1.2 and 1.1.3 but not sure if that's for OTB.

I am about to go to an apple shop and get my iphone but before i do that i am confused if the thread is talking an OTB or just an upgrade to 1.1.2 or 1.1.3.

SOS !!

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by pawan.bishnoi View Post
    I am verymuch convinced that there is a solution available to unlock the 1.1.2 and 1.1.3 but not sure if that's for OTB.

I am about to go to an apple shop and get my iphone but before i do that i am confused if the thread is talking an OTB or just an upgrade to 1.1.2 or 1.1.3.

SOS !!
    I believe it's about an OTB...
    Be good... Thanks.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Now we can jaibreak 1.1.3
    Now we can Update our previous versions to 1.1.3
    everyone is focusing on 1.1.3

what about 1.1.2 BL4.6

Turbo sim or any other sim of this sort is not a good solution. problems are bieng faced in this method.eg, no service comes and iphone shows a popup i.e. Fixed dialing is activated. and sim doesnt work .. so no solutions for that aswell..

BASICALLY.... what about the ones who have baught OTB 1.1.2 ??? when they will be in the Beautiful world of unlocked IPHONES...???,,,....

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Julian2IPhone View Post
    Windows Guide,

Downgrading to 1.1.1
    1. Make sure you have iTunes installed
    2. Download the following
    iPhone1,1_1.1.1_3A109a_Restore.ipsw
    iPhone1,1_1.1.2_3B48b_Restore.ipsw
    1.1.2-jailbreak.zip (and expand it to a folder)
    3. Make sure device is charged (enough for it to run)
    4. Turn off device (hold power key till red slide comes up, slide to turn off)
    5. Hold the home key down and put in cradle(hold key down till the usb-cd and music icon comes up)
    6. A message box "iTunes has detected an iPhone in recovery..." will appear, select the ok button.
    7. Hold the shift on your keyboard, and select the recovery button in Itunes.
    8. A file selection dialog will appear, select the file iPhone1,1_1.1.1_3A109a_Restore.ipsw
    9. Let itunes restore your device, eventually a message will appear in Itunes saying to register,
    10. otherwise if itunes comes up with an error 1015, don't panic. simply run windows.bat (in 1.1.2-jailbreak folder) and select (Boot from recovery)
    11. Your device will now be running 1.1.1 OS

Jailbreaking 1.1.1
    12. turn your iphone on
    13. Slide for emergency
    14. dial *#307# and select the call button
    15. select the cancel button
    16. dial 0 and select the call button
    17. select the answer button
    18. select the hold button
    19. select the decline button
    20. select the contacts button
    21. select the add contacts button
    22. add a contact with prefs:// as the first URL, and http://jailbreakme.com as the second url
    23. select then prefs, and setup your wireless connection
    24. repeat steps 16-20, and then select your contact and select jailbreakme url
    25. scroll to bottom of web page on your device, and select AppTapp installer,
    26. Wait 5 minutes till your device reboots unlocked
    27. If it doesn't reboot after 5 minutes repeat 24-26 a few times till it works
    (important, while jailbreaking for wifi to stay up)

Moving to 1.1.2
    28. Turn your 1.1.1 jailbreak phone on
    29. Slide and unlock the phone
    30. Select the installer icon
    31. Find the application, oktoprep 1.1.1, and run it
    32. It should come up with, "you are ready to preform an update to..."
    33. Select the home button, to close, wait a few seconds and your device will lock again.
    34. Start iTunes
    35. Cancel any warning dailogs
    36. Hold your shift key down on your pc keyboard and select the update button in iTunes
    37. Select the image iPhone1,1_1.1.2_3B48b_Restore.ipsw
    38. Let itunes update your phone to 1.1.2, it will eventually reboot with the slide for emergency button
    39. You now have 1.1.2 installed :-)

Jailbreaking 1.1.2
    40. Close itunes
    41. Run windows.bat file in your 1.1.2-jailbreak folder on PC
    42. Select the jailbreak button on the window that appears
    43. After a few seconds lots of numbers will start appearing in a dos shell :-)
    all good
    44. Eventually you will get a popup window with 'all done, rebooting..."

Getting your sim working :-)
    45. Go to Settings > General > Auto Lock, and set to “Never”.
    46. Go to Installer, and install BSD Sybsystem if it is not already on your phone.
    47. Go to Installer, and add a new source called http://rep.frenchiphone.com
    48. Refresh sources, and then install Anysim 1.21u, but don’t run it yet!
    49. Reboot the iPhone
    50. Go to Settings and turn on the AIRPLANE mode (this is very important. If you forget it your phone will get stuck in a loop and you’ll have to go and beg W9cae for instructions on how to get it out.)
    51. Return to the Springboard and tap on the AnySIM to run anySIM 1.21u.
    52. Your phone is now unlocked, but you are not yet finished.
    53. Go to Installer > Uninstall, and uninstall AnySIM 1.21u.
    54. Install iWorld
    55. Turn Airplane mode off again.
    56. Go to installer and from “Tweaks (1.1.2)” install iWorld
    57. Return to the Springboard, tap on the iWorld icon and follow the prompts.

YAY ALL DONE!!!!!!
    I have done all these steps + a further step and went to upgrade to 1.1.3 but since most apps don't work with 1.1.3 and phone was buggy, I downgraded to 1.1.1 and moved back to 1.1.2. My question is should I install the anysim 1.21u again? I have already installed it when I did my first upgrade from 1.1.1 to 1.1.2 to 1.1.3 in the very first time so do I have to do it again?
    I use an AT&T card and my phone is working fine but I don't know if it will work if I use a different international sim?

Thanks a lot!

Thanks

does this work with 1.1.2 OTB or not, and if so, are we supose to install IPSF after we overwrite the lockdown file....
    i'm talking about the thread on the last page...
    thanx
    iPhone 4 16 GB + iMac 24" 2.9GHz + MBP 13" 2,2GHZ = AAPL 4 EVAAAA!

+ Reply
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456