Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [GUIDE] Jailbreak + Activation 1.1.2 for IPSF only

Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
    You have to mod the appsupport if you are located in a country where the iPhone is not officially for sale. To "fix" this you need to hex-edit AppSupport? and replace an official location with your location. For example if you are located in Belgium then replace "fr/33" (offset 0xA0AC) with "be/32". After this patch MobilePhone? will no longer crash.
    Can you explain in more detail about this? My country is Thailand. Like where all the file located? and where I have to edit it? Thank you in advance.

Actually I have no idea at all what you talking about.
    Last edited by AsPHERE; 11-14-2007 at 08:12 AM.

Can u please write it more detalied!
    I live in sweden and have no idea how to fix this problem

Default Not working :(
    I did exactly what you said, I am one of those few lucky iphonesimfree users and i've been using the same unlock for 1.0.2 and for a while now 1.1.1.. I decided to use your guide and it works great but I have the exact same problem as the poster before.. whenever I access the phone keypad or the SMS's, it crashes back to the springboard. I do get a signal from my phone carrier, which means iphonesimfree is still working as it should.. but I cant use the phone at all!

I am currently trying to "Shift Restore" back to 1.1.1 manualy. I am on that right now. after it finishes it gives me an error and the phone is locked in restore mode.. I need to use wininstallergui (the tool I used to unlock 1.0.2 back then) to get it out of restore mode. once I am in the activation screen, i do the usual 1.1.1 jailbreakme.com jailbreak method.

one thing I notice is, even if I downgrade to 1.1.1, the modem firmware stays the same and a hugely horrible problem I have is that if I downgrade, I no longer get signal from my phone carrier.. I only get signal if I am on 1.1.2 and Ironicaly it's the one that doesn't allow me to make any calls. so now I HAVE to make 1.1.2 work or else I have no phone.. geting back to 1.1.1 or 1.0.2 is not an option, i get no carrier signal in either.

I already restored back to 1.1.1 and then back to 1.1.2 via the itunes update and tried again.. everything works fine except the phone... and sms..

No one found a solution yet?
    I need my iphone back

Where are all experts?

Edit:http://code.google.com/p/iphone-elit...phone_sms_apps

I´m at work. Cant confirm if it works!
    Last edited by ticalo; 11-14-2007 at 12:52 PM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

hey guys, i was partying yesterday so didn't check posts, I'm doing some googling to find a solution for the matters you guys are having, will update the guide as soon as possible

thanks man! that page you gave me does seem to be the correct fix but I am just not experimented enough to work it.. I dont know about hex editors and such.. I tried to use some hexeditor i downloaded and ended up bricking my phone.. gona need to restore it again.. I rather wait for your help

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Everyone who's having the phone/sms crash issues, can you post me your operator name? I might have found something fix should be REALLY soon

I am from Mexico which should me mx
    country code 52
    celphone carrier Telcel

hope this helps!

this for an OTB 1.1.2, right?

I`m from sweden and use tele2comviq. Think its called tele2!
    Country code=46

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Revision complete, have fun guys!

New features:

* Patched lockdown 1.1.2
    * Fixes crashing of phone/sms
    * Carrier settings
    Last edited by callx; 11-14-2007 at 08:10 PM.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to callx For This Useful Post:

ticalo (11-15-2007)

TNX man, it works well now

I have carrier plist for sweden! IŽll post it later!
    Last edited by ticalo; 11-15-2007 at 05:28 AM.

Default Nice :)
    Have to thanks Cal for helping me out with this. this is by far the best guide right now to unlock 1.1.2 and it's all because he took the time to figure it out for the rest of us.

Cal, you are the man, thanks to you I now have a 1.1.2 unlocked phone that DOESN't crash.

It's weird. I downgrade iphone to 1.1.1 jailbreak it. Then I try to update to 1.1.2 but it fails with error 1062!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.iPhone View Post
    Just letting everybody know the bypass activation does work on a non ipsf US iphone with 1.1.2 installed(Just checked it)
    what do you mean? here we got iPhone from O2 with 1.1.2, does that mean we can do and bypass iTune/O2 activation process and would be able to use our PAYG (Pay As You Go) O2 sim cards.....please do explain....thanks a Zillion

this question might seem pretty stupid but i have to know some how, when u guys say ipsf, what does that mean...??

Quote Originally Posted by bebex View Post
    this question might seem pretty stupid but i have to know some how, when u guys say ipsf, what does that mean...??
    IPSF=Iphone Sim Free, an unlocking method.

For some reason whenever I try to jailbreak and install ssh on my iPhone with the conceited software pack it gets about halfway through and then stops. I have the installer installed on my iPhone with OpenSSH but it doesn't seem to work at all when I try to connect via cyberduck and when I try to uninstall OpenSSH it tells me "Error: Main script execution failed!" I tried to re-run IPSF and it told me my phone was already unlocked. When I put in my T-Mobile SIM however nothing changes and I am still unable to make calls. Is there any way to fix all of this and get my iPhone unlocked for making calls?

Thanks

thanx a ton phone works like a charm...but i have i new problen all the old softwares installed while on 1.1.1 show in ibricker applications tab but don't show on iphone
    Last edited by soulpilot; 11-16-2007 at 11:34 AM.

All this worked perfectly. I did not need to change the lockdown file, I think the new jailbreak software already does this. I'm on TMobile in the US. Although some apps are a little screwy, namely the ssh app cannot be uninstalled since it doesn't appear in the installer.app list of installed apps. Also, customize.app just quits to the homepage when launched and services.app thinks ssh is turned off when it's actually on. If anyone has ideas on how to fix these that would be great.
    Thanks a lot for the guide!

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast