Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [GUIDE] Jailbreak + Activation 1.1.2 for IPSF only

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dakko View Post
    with this jailbreak + activation, does the installer.app already installed in springboard for the 1.1.2?

Thanks in advance
    yea, the jailbreak uploads installer.app as well

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.iPhone View Post
    Don't mean to hijack, But if I don't have ipsf...will the way you activated still work or is thrre another way to activate because I would really like to upgrade but I dont want to activate with itunes.

Sent from my iPhone.
    Yea it should, but still I can't confirm it, you could try it and let me know. Worst case scenario just have to downgrade back anyways?

Quote Originally Posted by ticalo View Post
    Have a major problem:

Followed this guide and everything worked perfect.
    But when im trying to open the sms.app or the missed call list. It crashes back to the springboard.

And the phone freezes when someone trying to call mer.
    No ringtone or vibrate, Only missed call.

How can I fix it?
    Oh, which firmware was on your iphone? Try it fresh again:

1. Restore from iTunes
    2. Downgrade to 1.1.1

and just follow the procedures again. it should definitely work on a US ipsf iphone. I remember I encountered problems when I "tried" downgrading to 1.0.2 then jailbreak to 1.1.1 THEN jailbreak + activate 1.1.2 (yea I wanted it the hard way! ).
    Last edited by callx; 11-13-2007 at 02:54 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Quote Originally Posted by callx View Post
    honcho223, no I don't think so, I read about UK phones having different bootloaders.

*sigh*

Us English still have to wait ay

you shoulda got an import lol

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by owen243 View Post
    *sigh*

Us English still have to wait ay
    Just give it some days, until iphone-dev/iphone-elite figure out something. They ALWAYS do!

Quote Originally Posted by RickyGervais View Post
    you shoulda got an import lol
    I had the option to

I still have options to but it'll be about 60 more! sooo . . . not worth it tbh

Make the ipsf stuff when you are on 1.1.1 and jailbraked. Then oktoprep and upgrade.

Now my Question: Can I make a restore in itunes when i followed this guide? Or do I hae to make everything new (downgrade etc.) ?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
    where does iphone sim free come into play??
    i have bought it but i don't see on the guide when they use it.
    Help
    Coz I assumed you unlocked it using IPSF already, once you use it the unlock remains thru downgrades/upgrades. It's still remains unlock at firmware 1.1.2 don't know about later though. If you haven't installed it yet, install it after you jailbreaked 1.1.1:

8. Now AppTapp is on your Home Screen so you can install SimFree v1.7 directly on the phone.
    9. In Sources press Edit, Add, and type in http://tinyurl.com/2qxpe6 . Accept the AppTapp installer message and it will show iPhoneSimFree on your Install list.
    10. After that you must install from the System tab the BSD Subsystem and then SimFree v1.7 from the iPhoneSimFree tab.
    11. You should now Go to the phone Settings application and in General - AutoLock, select Never you can now run SimFree v1.7. Its that easy!
    Let me know how it worked out

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Majestic View Post
    Make the ipsf stuff when you are on 1.1.1 and jailbraked. Then oktoprep and upgrade.

Now my Question: Can I make a restore in itunes when i followed this guide? Or do I hae to make everything new (downgrade etc.) ?
    Yes, restore is just going to flash everything back to a new unactivated 1.1.2

Thanks

I can confirm! My T-Mobile USA is working fine

Is that with ISPF or Anysim?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by xande123 View Post
    I can confirm! My T-Mobile USA is working fine
    Good to hear that! The patched lockdownd 1.1.2 you mean?

Damn man, did a new restore and used the guide again and still the same problem.

Now I have a useless iphone

Edit: The phone works great with the AT&T sim, but not with my op sim that I used from the begining.

What happend with my sim?
    Last edited by ticalo; 11-13-2007 at 06:44 PM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ticalo View Post
    Damn man, did a new restore and used the guide again and still the same problem.

Now I have a useless iphone

Edit: The phone works great with the AT&T sim, but not with my op sim that I used from the begining.

What happend with my sim?
    Hmm ok, let figure out what's wrong

• Is your phone IPSF unlocked?
    • Did you do any "virginization" process?
    • Does your phone w/ your different carrier sim card work fine if/when you downgrade it to 1.0.2?

Just letting everybody know the bypass activation does work on a non ipsf US iphone with 1.1.2 installed(Just checked it)

What do I put for the host name, username and password for WinSCP (and private key file)?

Nevermind. This worked successfully, thanks man. You should add more details on getting the IP, and Username to newbies. <_<
    Last edited by chaotic taco; 11-14-2007 at 01:05 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Quote Originally Posted by callx View Post
    Hmm ok, let figure out what's wrong

• Is your phone IPSF unlocked?
    • Did you do any "virginization" process?
    • Does your phone w/ your different carrier sim card work fine if/when you downgrade it to 1.0.2?

*Yeap, it IPSF unlocked and it worked perfect before
    *Nop, no "virginization" ever, since I unlocked it with IPSF
    *Never treid

I have a problem like this --> http://modmyi.com/forums/showthread.php?t=16048
    what should I do?

Quote Originally Posted by AsPHERE View Post
    I have a problem like this --> http://modmyi.com/forums/showthread.php?t=16048
    what should I do?
    You have to mod the appsupport if you are located in a country where the iPhone is not officially for sale. To "fix" this you need to hex-edit AppSupport? and replace an official location with your location. For example if you are located in Belgium then replace "fr/33" (offset 0xA0AC) with "be/32". After this patch MobilePhone? will no longer crash.

I jailbreaked and activated my UK OTB 1.1.2 with Signal working with o2 Pay as you Go using Callx's Modified modified 1.1.2 lockdownd and this guide :

http://modmyi.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15837

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast