Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Can you jailbreak/unlock a UK iPhone?

Default Can you jailbreak/unlock a UK iPhone?
    I know there are other posts on this matter, but they seem to contradict one another.

I just want to know once and for all if anyone with a UK iPhone has managed to unlock it or jailbreak it (on any firmware version). I know it is possible with the US iPhones, and people assume it will work with UK, but I am not sure, I haven't had much luck!

Anyone who has succeeded, exactly what did you do?

That's not helpful, the chap said that soem posts contradict themselves.

Once and for all (As of 12:00 12-Nov-2007)

You CAN downgrade a UK iPhone to 1.1.1

You CANNOT unlock, becuase of a different bootloader.

Quote Originally Posted by Modmedia View Post
    That's not helpful, the chap said that soem posts contradict themselves.

Once and for all (As of 12:00 12-Nov-2007)

You CAN downgrade a UK iPhone to 1.1.1

You CANNOT unlock, becuase of a different bootloader.
    How about the US newly shipped phones with 1.1.2?

I think it has something to do with the part number.

UK phones part number(model) starts with MB while US phones start with MA.

May be US phones can be unlocked? What do you say?

Give it a couple of days, honestly, there will be a tutorial and a program to unlock it. Be Patient

Info for others:

My UK iPhone is unlocked running 1.0.2 and a O2 Pay&Go Sim!

I downgraded to 1.0.2 and then unlocked & activated using wiNstallerGUI (via VMWare fusion).

It works fine! All phone functions and syncing work 100%

It'll work for 02 only though right?

You tried any other sim cards?

Quote Originally Posted by owen243 View Post
    It'll work for 02 only though right?

You tried any other sim cards?
    thats right, i tried other sim's but they don't work. so for now, you can choose any o2 tariff but not another network.

Well done

Roll on Orange, T mob and Voda Unlocks !

Typical. I've been O2 for 6 years, I switch to Orange 3 months ago! LOL

HaHaHa me 2. Went on the Unlimited Deals was too much not to resist I swtiched in July

So has anyone been sucessful in jailbreaking their uk o2 1.1.2 iphone? Did you use the conceited jailbreak app and return to 1.1.2 with all functions working?

I'm only looking to get 3rd party apps on mine (preferably ending up back at 1.1.2) but have yet to see confirmation from anyone that it works on uk iphones. Most people seem to be after an unlock which obviously results in people replying that its not possible yet.

Quote Originally Posted by quixers View Post
    So has anyone been sucessful in jailbreaking their uk o2 1.1.2 iphone? Did you use the conceited jailbreak app and return to 1.1.2 with all functions working?

I'm only looking to get 3rd party apps on mine (preferably ending up back at 1.1.2) but have yet to see confirmation from anyone that it works on uk iphones. Most people seem to be after an unlock which obviously results in people replying that its not possible yet.
    as i said earlier, I successfully downgraded a UK 1.1.2 iPhone to 1.0.2 and unlocked, with Installer.app and everything else!

What methods did you use to get to 1.0.2 and unlock Did you have to mess around with the baseband?

Default unlock-iphone-112-via-downgrade
    Visit this link to see how to unlock-iphone-112-via-downgrade

http://www.winandmac.com/mobile/ipho...via-downgrade/
    (only for mac)

Quote Originally Posted by joshysquashy View Post
    as i said earlier, I successfully downgraded a UK 1.1.2 iPhone to 1.0.2 and unlocked, with Installer.app and everything else!
    Can you please please tell me how to do this and with what software, as I am new to this and want to use my O2 Contract Sim in an Iphone without paying 35+ a month

Thanks Sylv. Everyone says a uk iphone 1.1.2 unlock method will be out soon but does anyone actually know if anyone is actively working on this?

Well IphoneunlockUK is reportedly working on it. I know a couple of forum members who says they're working on it, some websites claim they are and im sure Dev Team is working their Hats off so all hail to them

I think we need a Detailed Mac/ Win unlock / Jailbreak for the UK 1.1.2 Iphone. A lot of people seem to have done it but don't explain it properly i hear Software this and there but not a lot of people know exactly whats going on.

Quote Originally Posted by owen243 View Post
    Well IphoneunlockUK is reportedly working on it. I know a couple of forum members who says they're working on it, some websites claim they are and im sure Dev Team is working their Hats off so all hail to them

I think we need a Detailed Mac/ Win unlock / Jailbreak for the UK 1.1.2 Iphone. A lot of people seem to have done it but don't explain it properly i hear Software this and there but not a lot of people know exactly whats going on.
    That would be an excellent idea!!

By the looks of it the jailbreak is the first step using the conceited package here
    http://conceitedsoftware.com/iphone/site/112jb.html
    but haven't tried it yet for fear of bricking my shiney new toy! Has anyone with an OTB o2 UK iphone run this package yet?

Really want to try and keep my phone on 1.1.2 as I've a properly activated o2 phone and don't want to screw with the baseband firmware. No desire for unlock, just 3rd party apps

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast