Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: HELP - Anysim interrupted and now no WIFI

Default HELP - Anysim interrupted and now no WIFI
    Guys/Gals,

I need your help:

during an unlock process, I mistakingly interrupted the Anysim Unlock process.

As a result, I had to restore the Firmware. Which worked after several tries.

Thing is, I get the error message "repair needed, cannot receive or make calls".
    I guess the flashing process was interrupted.

Now my problem is, I cannot do a revirginize (i.e. re-flash my baseband or such), because I also have NO WI-FI, and thus no IP address, and thus have no way of accessing the phone.

What can I do?

I live in Germany, so sending this in for a repair is NOT an option

PLEASE HELP

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Hi, do you use windows or mac?

If you use windows I can help yah.

all you will need is ibrickr v91, apptap, pacay and saviour pack from ReVan's http://modmyi.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10461 Guide.

Restore your phone to 1.0.2 run apptap then pacay.
    1. Follow ReVan's Guide Phase 2 from the link above.
    1a. on step 9 instead of 04.01 version you will see either unresponsive to pinging or issuing +xgendata. done. proceed to 10. This is kinda tricky, since you have no baseband your phone kinda slow so issuing the ieraser make it froze sometimes.. all you need to do just push home button then back to terminal again. type cd /usr/bin then go back to 8, 10 and 11.
    1b. If your ieraser went all good and your bbupdater -v saying you have baseband 03.14.08_G YOU DIT IT!
    1c. Reboot, you should have your wifi back and got rid of that error repair message.

2. IF you noticed, your CommCenter.plist still stopped.. BECAUSE WE NEED IT STILL
    3. Add your virginizer_pack on usr/bin directory using ibrickr.
    4. Open terminal then type cd /usr/bin/virginizer_pack
    5. chmod 0755 *
    6. chmod +x virginator.sh
    7. virginator.sh
    8. If your virginizer finished successfully you can now update to 1.1.1.. since there is 1.1.2 out, I will use itunes v 7.4 then just download fw 1.1.1.ipsw and use restore shift + down to locate where you saved your fw.

There yah go. just look for the unlock guide here
    Last edited by dakko; 11-11-2007 at 01:34 AM.

Hey

thanks.

I use a Mac, and have parallels running. And the problem is, that the iPhone is shown as "connected to USB", but iBrickr and iTunes do not recognize the iPhone.

So is there something like iBrickr for Mac? I tried iFuntastic, but it didn't work. And under Leopard I cannot read anything it says (Font issue).

Any more suggestions? Thanks!!!

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

hi phil, you need breezy for mac.

Here is the link where to download Breezy (mac) and the application you will need "Terminal vt100 and BSD Subsystem"

http://pxl.ibrickr.com/
    Last edited by dakko; 11-11-2007 at 01:46 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

i would suggest iNdependence get the latest one i believe its 1.3 beta it works the best of the bunch.
    http://code.google.com/p/independence/
    Powerbook G4 17"-- 10.5 Leopard
    iPhone 1.1.1 T-mobile
    iPod 80 gig Video

Quote Originally Posted by dakko View Post
    hi phil, you need breezy for mac.

Here is the link where to download Breezy (mac) and the application you will need "Terminal vt100 and BSD Subsystem"

http://pxl.ibrickr.com/
    Hey

I tried that - but to no avail, since it doesn't seem to run smoothly under Leopard.

So I went to a friend, who is still running Windows. And it took us about another 3 hours:
    -several tries before we could ierase the Baseband via iBrickr and Terminal
    -and do a revirginize
    -then I needed to restore the iPhone twice before now it finally works again.

My nerves! I'm too old for this.

Thanks all!