Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: HowTo Return you Bricked Iphone No Questions asked works 100%

Quote Originally Posted by sziklassy View Post
    Finally, I will give some reasons why Apple wants to block us from modding phones.
    1. Security - There have already been malicious attempts to brick phones by adding fake software to installer.app. Most don;t fall for it, but the AVERAGE consumer might.
    2. Most of this software wouldn't end up going through Apple anyway, so they would have to deal with MORE messed up phones.
    3. Apple would probably have to train (to some extent) their workers with all of these new "home brew" apps to help troubleshoot at their Genius bar.
    4. (probably the most prevalent) Apple just doesn't want to deal with it any more than they have to!
    wrong, the only reason they lock the phone is money.

1)AT&T Contract money
    2)Ringtone purchases
    3)SDK Software purchases

all of the things you mentioned above can be easily solved with a disclaimer.
    Last edited by auburnguy32; 02-17-2008 at 11:24 PM. Reason: thought of more reasons involving money
    -Ben

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

My phone was jailbroken with alot of mods too it. I had plugged my phone into my OEM VW integration kit and the screen slowly went blank and wouldn't boot back up with much effort and was acting CRAZY.

I tried restoring it multiple times and it failed each time and I got a popup saying "service needed - cannot make calls" or something along those lines.

I knew if I brought it to the Apple store they'd blame the jailbreak.

I took an extra ipod cable I had and cut the usb end off. I then took an extension cord and cut an end off of that. I connected the two halves and plugged it into one of my home's outlets. It took several times before the phone would no longer turn on.

I took it to the Apple store and explained it "went dead" and got a new phone via exchange within 10 minutes....

This was like 2 months ago and I felt it was my only option since Apple would blame the jailbreak for a hardware failure.

I'd just like to say that valid points from all directions, but your analogy is not really justifiable.

"buy a car from a car dealership, you modify the engine to get few more hp and you wind up ruining the engine, manufacturer should not pay for that" ----> I agree.

BUT, that is not the same scenario.......apple does not just manufacture "cars", they manufacture "cars" that require that you feed them plutonium for gasoline, and only drive it within a 1/100th of the area of land that it is marketed for.

There's a saying, "You %&$* me, I %&$* you."

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Rhez View Post
    I'd just like to say that valid points from all directions, but your analogy is not really justifiable.

"buy a car from a car dealership, you modify the engine to get few more hp and you wind up ruining the engine, manufacturer should not pay for that" ----> I agree.

BUT, that is not the same scenario.......apple does not just manufacture "cars", they manufacture "cars" that require that you feed them plutonium for gasoline, and only drive it within a 1/100th of the area of land that it is marketed for.

There's a saying, "You %&$* me, I %&$* you."
    Well put sir.
    Cut and paste your but.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12