+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Taking phone Unlocked Phone Back to Store..

is a discussion within the

Unlocking / Activation

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
Hi, Tomorrow I am taking my unlocked apple iphone into my local apple store. I have an ATT contract Iphone contract, but I used Ziphone to to jailbreak/unlock my 1.1.4
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Taking phone Unlocked Phone Back to Store..
    Hi,

Tomorrow I am taking my unlocked apple iphone into my local apple store. I have an ATT contract Iphone contract, but I used Ziphone to to jailbreak/unlock my 1.1.4 I Phone. In order to prepare the for the apple visit tomorrow, I did a fresh firmwire restore but I am still worried that apple will some how find out my phone is unlocked. Does anyone have any experience with this? I am taking my phone to the apple store due to a blown speaker phone.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to bdmedia For This Useful Post:

maximkokorev (05-02-2008)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    I'm wondering the same exact thing. I'll watch this thread for the night before I do anything. I have a week 29 1.1.4 phone, jailbroke with ziphone, BL is at 3.9 right now. Wondering if my baseband matters or not. Planning on doing a full restore and taking it into the apple store in the next week or two. I would assume since I have an early phone, I should be fine with a restore and not having them notice.

as far as I can tell so far from staying up way too late is this:
    when did you buy your phone? Look at the 4th and 5th serial number of your phone. Anything 39 and after will usually mean your phone came with a 4.6BL, anything before may mean your phone came with the 3.9BL. ZiPhone puts your phone at 3.9 when it jailbreaks your phone. My phone has the number 29, so I think I am safe at this point. I'm still worried about the baseband issue, but am hoping a thread I started on another forum will answer that for me. If your phone came with the 4.6BL, I think you will need to restore, then use the pwn tool. But don't quote me, I'm still trying to figure this one out and since it's so late, help isn't up right now, lol.

good luck with the store tomorrow if you take it in anyways. I think the Bootloader is the main thing to worry about, so hopefully you have an early phone
    Last edited by geezfools; 05-02-2008 at 02:57 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

4. The Following User Says Thank You to geezfools For This Useful Post:

Livin the iPhone Life Apple iPie's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bdmedia View Post
    Hi,

Tomorrow I am taking my unlocked apple iphone into my local apple store. I have an ATT contract Iphone contract, but I used Ziphone to to jailbreak/unlock my 1.1.4 I Phone. In order to prepare the for the apple visit tomorrow, I did a fresh firmwire restore but I am still worried that apple will some how find out my phone is unlocked. Does anyone have any experience with this? I am taking my phone to the apple store due to a blown speaker phone.

That will be hard,it downgraded bootloader...
    Try to PWN your iPhone,then upgrade your bootloader through bootnueter to 4.6 and then DFU restore to 1.1.4 firmware,this will help.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Apple iPie For This Useful Post:

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I am running windows, don't I need OS X in order to run boot neuter?

8. The Following User Says Thank You to bdmedia For This Useful Post:

10. The Following User Says Thank You to [email protected] For This Useful Post:

Livin the iPhone Life Apple iPie's Avatar
    Thanks

for information of winpwn see - www.winpwn.org

Anyways,you can download BootNeuter DIRECTLY from installer.
    Last edited by Apple iPie; 05-02-2008 at 04:56 AM.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Apple iPie For This Useful Post:

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

took it into apple, and they didnt check the bootloader. They played with my phone for a few, and then gave me a new one which works like a charm. I will jailbreak this phone with liberty instead of ziphone.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    my ringer switch was broke and i didnt want to open it up to fix it....so did the restore thing to lock it back to att w/1.1.4(originally tmobile)...then i activated it using my friends sim and got a 20.00 plan....then we went to the apple store and the guy talked for a bit about how my phone had scratches on it and they usually wont replace it....then he said he'll replace it for me anyway, and i walked out with a new phone......when i went home unlocked it again....now im back on t mobile ...nobody there asked anything about unlocking...

funny when i was on the phone with apple customer support to set an appointment up..she knew i was talking on the unlocked iphone and she knew it wasnt activateed...but i just hung up on her...lol

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ricky43 View Post
    funny when i was on the phone with apple customer support to set an appointment up..she knew i was talking on the unlocked iphone and she knew it wasnt activateed...but i just hung up on her...lol
    she could tell from her end or you told her?

Green Apple
    Thanks

one thing is, if you are att they will send in your phone they took and run diag on it...if it comes back hacked they will flag your account so next time you come in you will not be able to swap out

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by GR81 View Post
    she could tell from her end or you told her?
    she could tell..i thought that was extra weird...but i just called again and have another woman set the appointment up....