+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Thought it was unlocked, but maybe not.

is a discussion within the

Unlocking / Activation

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
My boy's phone seems to be activated, and jailbroken as well (I guess), but I'm just not sure. He bought w/ 1.1.1 and downgraded to 1.0.2 and followed steps from
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Thought it was unlocked, but maybe not.
    My boy's phone seems to be activated, and jailbroken as well (I guess), but I'm just not sure.

He bought w/ 1.1.1 and downgraded to 1.0.2 and followed steps from there. All went according to plan. After the last step (from the original unlock procedure), we put the sim card in, and we got something like

"this is sim card is not recognized" or something like that.

What is the issue?? it's @ 1.0.2 so I'm not sure if we should try relock and and unlock? re-jail it and jail break again??

Not sure. Mine was done in the seemingly antiquated days of 1.0.2 so I'm not sure what to make of this...

Anyone with insight and/or experience, would love to hear from you.

Many thx

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

You should have stayed at 1.1.1.

If you used AnySim or iUnlock on 1.0.2 follow these steps:

1. Dowgrade baseband
    2. Revirginze seczone and nvram
    3. Update to 1.1.1.
    4. Jailbreak with jailbreakme.com
    5. Unlock with AnySim 1.11 (CHMOD must be 0755)

Search around for each guide.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Mymanhenri View Post
    My boy's phone seems to be activated, and jailbroken as well (I guess), but I'm just not sure.

He bought w/ 1.1.1 and downgraded to 1.0.2 and followed steps from there. All went according to plan. After the last step (from the original unlock procedure), we put the sim card in, and we got something like

"this is sim card is not recognized" or something like that.

What is the issue?? it's @ 1.0.2 so I'm not sure if we should try relock and and unlock? re-jail it and jail break again??

Not sure. Mine was done in the seemingly antiquated days of 1.0.2 so I'm not sure what to make of this...

Anyone with insight and/or experience, would love to hear from you.

Many thx
    If you haven't installed the patched Lockdownd (available on this site in Downloads) then you will always get this message every time you put in a new SIM. If you don't have the Lockdownd installed, you need to deactivate the phone, and reactivate with the new SIM in place.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Eurisko, Lockdownd was installed (i'm in fact 99% sure of it - I saw it w/ my own eyes), so I'm not sure what the status of the phone is. Am I even unlocked? Is it activated?

"Incorrect SIM - this iPhone must be used with an approved sim" is what the message indicates verbatim - when I insert my new sim.

Destructo - I did not use AnySIM or iUnlock so pls advise if you may on what should be next.

Again in hindsight, yes the unlocking should have been done from 111. SO, again, the long way was taken but the steps still were seemingly correct - From the downgrade onwards. Trying to understand what went wrong.

I just know that it was downgraded to 102, and steps 2 thru 4 were done from the original iPhone unlock OSX (and all were completed successfully).

So Destructo, can I still follow your steps?? Also, to throw in the mix, I think that the last Independence was used, 1.2.5. Will that factor? This is dizzying!

Thanks a million again.

Thanks

Ok, here's one way to verify. Using Independence, de-activate your phone. Then Activate it with your SIM in. If you no longer get that message, it's likely the patched Lockdownd isn't installed, or not in the right place. Just a thought.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Ok, here's one way to verify. Using Independence, de-activate your phone. Then Activate it with your SIM in. If you no longer get that message, it's likely the patched Lockdownd isn't installed, or not in the right place. Just a thought.
    Cool. Will try. Does the version of Independence matter?? If that's in fact the case, should I cyberduck Lockdownd back in? That doesn't sound right, but thought that I should ask.

Thanks

You can use Cyberduck yup. Shouldn't matter what version, but its always good to use the latest.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Eurisko, thx for everything.