+ Reply
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Revised Uber iPhone Unlocking 1.1.1 no downgrading, 15mins, Wi-Fi required - Works!

is a discussion within the

Unlocking / Activation

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
Here is my guide on how to unlock a fresh out of the box, virgin iPhone v1.1.1 Please read the guide fully before starting, will make things easier. By all
    Green Apple
    Thanks
    Default Revised Uber iPhone Unlocking 1.1.1 no downgrading, 15mins, Wi-Fi required - Works!
    Here is my guide on how to unlock a fresh out of the box, virgin iPhone v1.1.1
    Please read the guide fully before starting, will make things easier. By all means do it step by step if you want.

Before wasting your time reading the guide, you need the following.
    1) A fresh new iphone that CAME with 1.1.1. I am not 100% sure my guide will work with an upgraded version. I believe there are other variables you need to change when you upgrade instead of it coming with it.
    2) A Wi-Fi connection. This is a must, as you need it to not only connect to jailbreak, but to upload files to the iPhone.

I tried to make this as retard-proof as possible. EVERYTHING should work the first try if you follow my guide each step by step. Make sure to do EVERYTHING I say.
    Before starting, here is a link to download my folder with all the necessary files you need. This will save you time.
    http://rapidshare.com/files/66667247...phone.rar.html

K lets start.
    Power on the iPhone
    Emergency call *3001#12345#*
    Check your version is 04.** (1.1.1) if it is proceed.

1st step (add contact to access settings):
    emergency call *#307# (hit dial)
    your phone will ring. while ringing use the "<x" button to delete the numbers you entered (#307#) then dial the number 0 and hit call. your phone will ring again, hit Accept, then hit Hold, then hit Decline. You now have access to the keypad and you can enter contacts. Enter (+) a new contact. Give it first name A hit save, now assign a URL to contact A. Where it says url you will enter prefs://1F now save, and save at the next screen. Now you will be looking at A's contact info, click the URL you created and it will take you to the settings page; disable autolock and join your WiFi network. Hit home to take you back to the main screen ("please activate...")

2nd step (add another contact to access AppSnapp):
    Emergency call, dial number 0 hit call, your phone will ring again, hit Accept, then hit Hold, then hit Decline. You now have access to the keypad and you can enter a 2nd contact. Enter (+) a new contact. Give it first name Z hit save, now assign a URL to contact Z. Where it says url you will enter http://jailbreakme.com now save, and save at the next screen. Now you will be looking at Z's contact info, click the URL you created and it will take you to the jailbreakme web site. scroll to the bottom and "install app snap" Safari will crash after a second or two, let the phone sit at the home screen for about 30 seconds, it will suddenly ring. Answer it and after a second or so, the phone will lock up. Power it down, restart and TahDah!

3rd step (Activate iPhone and activate YouTube)
    Open Installer, install Community Sources, then BSD, then Open SSH. After SSH your phone will reboot, find your IP address (settings, wifi, click the blue arrow next to your wifi connection). Now that you have SSH installed and your IP address, just log in to your iPhone with whatever program you like (I use WinSCP). To setup WinSCP you need to add the “IP Address” shown when you view Wi-Fi details to the “Hostname” slot.
    Leave the port number “22” the same. For username, enter: “root”. For Password, enter: “alpine”. For File protocol change it to “SCP”. It will ask if you want to connect to the server that may not be safe, say Yes. If it gives you any errors for password, enter “dottie”.
    Now you will need to go to VAR/Root/Library/Lockdown and replace the three files inside with the files found here: (If you didnt download the original folder like I told you to at the beginning then the link is right below. The file names are “data_ark.plist” “device_private_key.pem” “device_public_key.pem”)
    http://www.rapidshare.com/files/5846...utube.zip.html

Now is a VERY important part. If you mess this up, you will need to restore your iphone and start over, because it will just stay at the apple loading screen when restarting.
    Go back to USR/Libexec and move the “lockdown.back” file into Libexec:
    I gave you the lockdown.back file, but if for any reason you don’t have it, here is a link to download it, but if you download it, you need to change the name of the file to “lockdownd.back” (The spelling IS correct, do NOT try anything different or you will screw yourself over, LEAVE IT!) then move it over to the USR/Libexec folder, DO NOT replace or delete the other “lockdownd” file. It shouldn't ask to replace it anyway.
    http://rapidshare.com/files/63822007/lockdownd.zip

4th step (unlocking) I included the AnySim 1.1 file/folder at the beginning download, but if for some reason you don’t have it, download it from the link below.
    Upload the “anySIM.app” folder to the “Applications” folder on your iPhone, through WinSCP. Once it is uploaded, double check to make sure anySiM.app is in the applications folder, not any other folder. Once you are sure, open the anySIM.app folder, and click the “anySIM” file. Then Press “F9” which opens up Properties. Change the “Octal” numbers at the bottom to, “0775”. If you do not do this, everytime you try to open up anySIM, it will just freeze, and take you back to the home screen.
    Now open up anySIM, make sure the SIM card you want to have the iPhone run off is now in the iPhone, then scroll down to the bottom of the screen, and click the Red button, ONCE, it is a little delayed, so dont click it twice. If the iPhone gods allow it, after a few mins, you will get a great big button that says your phone has been unlocked. Click ok, and that’s it! Your phone is now ready to use! You can use WinSCP to remove anySIM now.
    Everything should be working now. If Youtube doesn’t work yet, just connect it to your comp, open up iTunes, let iTunes see it, then it should work.
    http://conceitedsoftware.com/iphone/site/anysim11.html

Notes: I suggest WinSCP, make it easier on yourself, and just use the files I gave you at the beginning

Thanks! Happy iPhone hacking!

Partial credit is given to jacobzking, he wrote the first 2 steps but quite a few of his steps were missing some pieces of the puzzle, that without the information I posted, would not be able to complete and function.
    Last edited by annual; 11-05-2007 at 04:27 PM.

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to annual For This Useful Post:

ajeff710 (11-07-2007), iphonemahe (11-04-2007), Lydecker (11-01-2007), rodeeze (11-02-2007), ruskyduck (11-07-2007), StrictlyBusiness (11-07-2007)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Thanks for taking the time to write more detailed steps for this new method. Will be trying it as soon as I get my hands ony new iphone next week!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I've tried these steps with no success so far. I've only been able to get as far as Step 2. I am able to click on install app snap and then the iphone restarts, but the next part never happens. The phone does not ring. I have let it sit for 10 minutes, I have restored the iPhone as well. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    I would suggest completely restoring it through iTunes. Then re-do all of my steps. Do not use a third party file for the firmare version either. Use whatever iTunes gives you (meaning do not shift click the "Restore" button.)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

That is what I have done twice now. Put the iPhone into restore mode and let iTunes take care of the rest. Everything is smooth up to that point.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Did your phone come with 1.1.1? And did you check the version at the beginning like I said too?
    All that should happen is, you install AppSnapp on your iphone, you let it sit there, and you get a call, answer, it freezes. Then restart, and go next step. Youre saying you dont get the call?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

The iPhone came with 1.02. I updated to 1.1.1 and that's what i've been restoring it with. I was able to get past that part by downgrading firmware then upgrading again. I'm using the winscp program and set it up like in the instructions and am getting a "connection refused" error message. PC and iPhone are connected to a linksys wireless router that is not broadcasting a ssid. I removed the username/password for testing and get the same error so it's not even getting to the authentication part. Firmware is currently 1.1.1 (3a109a).

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Hrmm, well like I said at the beginning, iam not 100&#37; sure my method works with a 1.0.2 phone. I know when upgrading like that, you need to change your broadband, which none of my steps do.
    So before you said you were stuck at AppSnapp.. But now youre saying youre stuck at WinSCP? So you actually got the phone out of the Activation phase, so you got installer running? Did you download those 3 files like I said?

When connecting to the iphone through WinSCP are you 100% sure that the hostname is the exact IP Address WIFI is giving you when you view it on your phone? Even if you know your IP Address, and thats not what Wi-Fi is showing you. Do whatever wi-fi is showing you. Then enter username root, and password alpine.

iPhone? More like MyPhone rodeeze's Avatar
    Thanks
    OMG you guys are FREEKIN G's. DONE FIRST TRY! with TMOBIL!. I think i would die with out this site! THANK YOU GUYS ALOT!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

thanks a lot annual, your guide worked perfectly, and now i'm running my iphone unlocked

the only problem i'm having so far is with youtube. it keeps saying i need to connect to itunes with an internet connection; which i have. does it maybe have to do with my ituneshelper.exe being closed in the process tree?

thanks again.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I am losing the will to live, I have done this to a tee. but anysim will still not unlock.

I restored using itunes to factory fittiings. does this process completly return the iphone to brand new conditions??

as in the past week my phone has been bricked, debricked, downgraded to 1.0.2 upgraded back to 1.1.1. -All of this at least 20 times. But still anysim will not work.

Please if anyone has any ideas let me know.

your help would be very much appreciated.

iPhone? More like MyPhone acaijr73's Avatar
    Thanks

Flawless Unlock....... Thnx makes my life so much quicker and easier when unlocking... No more downgrading, prepping and upgrading unless i have too............
    1) 16Gig 1ST GEN IPHONES 3.0 Unlkd /PWND/BNeutered

1) 16Gig 3G IPHONE BLK PWND, 3.1.2 F/Unlkd

1) 32Gig 3G(s) IPHONE 3.1.2 F/Unlockd/Blackra1nd

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Help!!!... I see so many thumbs up for this im a bit bewildered why i cant get it to work

Im in Singapore, just bought the phone in LA on Thurs. Flew back, and started to try jailbreak.

My phone has the latest firmware, (1.1.1)

I got all the way to the step where Safari Crashes, and i have to wait for it to ring, or just change to the slide to unlock screen.
    I get neither. I have waited for about 30min- 1hr, i have restored the ipod. All the no avail.
    2 concerns, could it be due to a secure WIFI Connection? Although i did manage to get it to work and surf a whole bunch of pages, (including jailbreakme.com)
    the 2nd is after 1 min, the screen goes black. Im assuming its a battery lifesaving thing, and that things work in the background? but sometimes when i press the home/power button to see the screen again, the wifi signal dissappeares, then reappears. Does that affect it.

Is there anyone out there that can offer some help!, ive scouring these and other forums the whole morning with my jetlag...

Cheers!
    V

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

"Open Installer, install Community Sources, then BSD, then Open SSH"
    I am stuck at this point as i can't find Community sources, is there a chance they changed something in the installer? I'm a n00b.
    The closest thing to BSD i found is BSD subsystems in All Packages and i am currently installing it. Please advice quickly!!!

Quote Originally Posted by nkmosch View Post
    "Open Installer, install Community Sources, then BSD, then Open SSH"
    I am stuck at this point as i can't find Community sources, is there a chance they changed something in the installer? I'm a n00b.
    The closest thing to BSD i found is BSD subsystems in All Packages and i am currently installing it. Please advice quickly!!!
    Never Mind, i found the solution, great guide, works like a charm!!!!
    Thank you very much!
    Last edited by nkmosch; 11-04-2007 at 11:43 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

Community Sources & YouTube are already pre-installed with the new jailbreakme.com 03/11/2007 Update.

Developer
    Thanks

non-rapidshare links please....
    maybe sendspace

is the lockdownd file the same file shared on this site ?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Guys, I've just unlocked mine with this guide - worked first time. Using a U.S 1.1.1 iphone new, in the UK with a UK SIM (orange). A few points on this guide to help you newbees out as it is not 100&#37; clear in places:

In Step 1 - after you hit decline, then gain access to the keypad - you must FIRST hit 'contacts' before the + sign is visible.

In Step 2 - after you install 'app snapp' - my phone/safari never crashed nor rang - I just went straight into step 3....

In Step 3 - The guide says 'Open SHH' - that means install the program called 'OpenSHH' - dont try looking for an application on your phone called SHH to open!!

In Step 3 - The guide says I gave you the lockdownd.back file, but if for any reason you don’t have it, here is a link to download it, but if you download it, you need to change the name of the file to “lockdownd.back” If you download the file at the start of the guide it contains a file called 'lockdown.back' without the extra 'd' which you MUST add manually before transferring. You are NOT given lockdownd.back (no matter what file you download) from the start.

In Step 4 - after setting the amysim permission you must restart the phone to see the anysim icon on the home screen to launch it.

FINALLY if after you unlock with anysim and restart and the phone says 'SIM LOCKED' - dont fret! you have a sim lock key on sim card so click nlock then type in your code!!

cheers!
    Last edited by Lydecker; 11-05-2007 at 02:30 PM.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Lydecker View Post
    Guys, I've just unlocked mine with this guide - worked first time. Using a U.S 1.1.1 iphone new, in the UK with a UK SIM (orange). A few points on this guide to help you newbees out as it is not 100% clear in places:

In Step 1 - after you hit decline, then gain access to the keypad - you must FIRST hit 'contacts' before the + sign is visible.

In Step 2 - after you install 'app snapp' - my phone/safari never crashed nor rang - I just went straight into step 3....

In Step 3 - The guide says 'Open SHH' - that means install the program called 'OpenSHH' - dont try looking for an application on your phone called SHH to open!!

In Step 3 - The guide says I gave you the lockdownd.back file, but if for any reason you don’t have it, here is a link to download it, but if you download it, you need to change the name of the file to “lockdownd.back” If you download the file at the start of the guide it contains a file called 'lockdown.back' without the extra 'd' which you MUST add manually before transferring. You are NOT given lockdownd.back (no matter what file you download) from the start.

In Step 4 - after setting the amysim permission you must restart the phone to see the anysim icon on the home screen to launch it.

FINALLY if after you unlock with anysim and restart and the phone says 'SIM LOCKED' - dont fret! you have a sim lock key on sim card so click nlock then type in your code!!

cheers!

Lol i figured people were able to figure out most of those things on their own, but I guess I should have gone into further detail.
    Oh about lockdown.back file. I missspelled that in the thread. The file that is in there IS the correct spelling. Leave the file as lockdown.back, and just copy it over to your iPhone. Leave the other file that is in there on the iPhone the same as well.
    I just unlocked 2 phones, both took about 15mins, with my exact method. The only thing I noticed was different was, when doing AppSnapp, my phone never rang, it just shut off itself, and it came with Community Sources, so I didnt have to install Community sources anymore.

pqn
    Green Apple
    Thanks

Does the saffari work after the unlocking process has been done? I have heard a rumor that the saffari doesn't? I just wanted to ask before i do the steps.

any will help me and be extrememly appreciated

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Unlocked phone successfully and now the home button wont work PLZ HELP!