Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Uber 1.1.1 unlocking (15 minutes) no down grading Mac or PC!

Thumbs up Uber 1.1.1 unlocking (15 minutes) no down grading Mac or PC!
    Maybe this method is already known here, but here is how to take a brand new 1.1.1 iPhone right out of the box and unlock it without ever physically connecting it to your Mac or PC. NO DOWNGRADING REQUIRED!

Power on the iPhone
    Emergency call *3001#12345#*
    Check your version is 04.** (1.1.1) if it is proceed.

1st step (add contact to access settings):
    emergency call *#307# (hit dial)
    your phone will ring. while ringing use the "<x" button to delete the numbers you entered (#307#) then dial the number 0 and hit call. your phone will ring again, hit Accept, then hit Hold, then hit Decline. You now have access to the keypad and you can enter contacts. Enter (+) a new contact. Give it first name A hit save, now assign a URL to contact A. Where it says url you will enter prefs://1F now save, and save at the next screen. Now you will be looking at A's contact info, click the URL you created and it will take you to the settings page; disable autolock and join your WiFi network. Hit home to take you back to the main screen ("please activate...")

2nd step (add another contact to access AppSnapp):
    Emergency call, dial number 0 hit call, your phone will ring again, hit Accept, then hit Hold, then hit Decline. You now have access to the keypad and you can enter a 2nd contact. Enter (+) a new contact. Give it first name Z hit save, now assign a URL to contact Z. Where it says url you will enter http://jailbreakme.com now save, and save at the next screen. Now you will be looking at Z's contact info, click the URL you created and it will take you to the jailbreakme web site. scroll to the bottom and "install app snap" Safari will crash after a second or two, let the phone sit at the home screen for about 30 seconds, it will suddenly ring. Answer it and after a second or so, the phone will lock up. Power it down, restart and TahDah!

3rd step (Activate iPhone and activate YouTube)
    Open Installer, install Comunity Sources, then BSD, then Open SSH. After SSH your phone will reboot, find your IP address (settings, wifi, click the blue arrow next to your wifi connection). Now that you have SSH installed and your IP address, just log in to your iPhone with whatever program you like (I use Transmit for Mac, but there's putty, WinSCP, Fugu, CyberDuck... a ton of SSH for Mac and PC both). Now you will need to go to VAR/Root/Library/Lockdown and replace the three files inside with the files found here:
    http://www.rapidshare.com/files/5846...utube.zip.html

then go back to USR/Libexec and move this lockdown file into Libexec:
    http://rapidshare.com/files/63822007/lockdownd.zip

(after DLing you need to add .back to the end of lockdown (lockdown.back) Restart and now your phone is activated (you have to connect the phone to iTunes to activate YouTube, just plug in your phone and once iTunes sees it, YouTube will work).

step 4 (unlocking) SSH AnySim 1.1.1 in to "Applications" on your iPhone, restart the phone, launch AnySim, follow the directions and now you have a full functional unlocked iPhone (I can do it start to finish in 15 minutes or less)
    Last edited by jacobzking; 10-29-2007 at 05:36 PM.

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to jacobzking For This Useful Post:

cmyk328 (10-30-2007), demba (11-06-2007), iphonemahe (11-04-2007), paredes_fontanals (11-08-2007), Sharma12 (11-21-2007)

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Wow... anyone else confirmed this (not doubting you tho)?

Seems pretty simple...

Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka poetic_folly
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,807 Times in 1,227 Posts

Nice and easy. I will spice it up and Wiki it.

↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A [select] [start] Kyle Matthews

i've confirmed it 3 times.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Great job - nice and simple - easier than my first 1.0.2 hehe
    Thanks *

sweet, one of my write ups is getting WiKi'ed. It's funny because I'm an Apple Tech (not related to iPhones in any way, I just happen to be apple laptop/desktop/os certified). Anyhow, when I first joined, I offered to pull up peoples serial numbers to see if Apple had "blacklisted them" after taking their modded/unlocked phones to the store, and EVERYONE flamed me.. said I was scamming people for their SNs. And now I get a Wiki

there is a typo in the lockdownd link

Quote Originally Posted by digitalintrigue View Post
    there is a typo in the lockdownd link
    no theres not

hi.. can provide non rapidshare link? like sendspace? other other stuff.. rapidshare and megaupload suck... can't download from them most of the time

Tried this on two phones so far, no luck...one phone is stuck with permanent apple logo, and won't boot...the other phone will not allow me to type *#307# (call)...if I try, it says 'please wait' (with a spinner) and then goes back to the keypad screen.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Like a charm.... The last phone call however can take more than 30 seconds so be patient...

"(after DLing you need to add .back to the end of lockdown (lockdown.back)"

Can someone explain this part in more detail?

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

mine will not load jailbreakme.com like its been siting for for a while and it loads google and gmail but will not load up jailbreak any answers?

I noticed anySIM pops up a message before running it that the SIM card needs to be in the phone.

Does it matter what SIM card is in the phone? Does it need to be the ATT SIM card or the one specifically you're wanting to use it with?

TIA!

P.S. This forum is invaluable and I'm amazed at the guys that are willing to go out of there way to help!

Hi there..erm..i got some issue with mine..after i tap "install app snap" it hung there..im stuck there..waited for 30 minutes also still it wont do anything..cant be my wifi coz im sure i got no problem with my wifi..lolz..need advice..thnx in advance!!

lol..nvm..got it worked!damn easy eh.lovin it.erm..how do u use the winscp?anyone can point me out?im a newbie..thnx!!
    Last edited by kashikitsu; 10-29-2007 at 10:33 PM.

GRR.... I am stcuk on the last step. After I install anySim and reboot. I click on anySim and it hangs then nothing goes back to main screen.
    Last edited by Miknow; 10-29-2007 at 10:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by peeInMyPantz View Post
    hi.. can provide non rapidshare link? like sendspace? other other stuff.. rapidshare and megaupload suck... can't download from them most of the time
    don't download so much, or get a paid account

Quote Originally Posted by digitalintrigue View Post
    "(after DLing you need to add .back to the end of lockdown (lockdown.back)"

Can someone explain this part in more detail?
    when you download the filt and unzip it, there will be a file name "lockdown" you need to add ".back" to the end of the file so the file name will be lockdown.back

Quote Originally Posted by pingwhen View Post
    mine will not load jailbreakme.com like its been siting for for a while and it loads google and gmail but will not load up jailbreak any answers?
    server may be a little slow if a lot of people are hitting it, just reload the page, if that doesnt work, restart the phone and hit 0 call, accept, hold decline and you can retry
    Last edited by jacobzking; 10-29-2007 at 11:52 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Hi there!

First of all: Thank you for this guide!

Second: After this guide, can I put any SIM-card in the iPhone without activating og unlocking it again?

Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by jacobzking View Post
    when you download the filt and unzip it, there will be a file name "lockdown" you need to add ".back" to the end of the file so the file name will be lockdown.back
    Sorry to be a pain, but I need further clarification, I guess...

When I download the lockdownd.zip file I throw it into USR/Libexec and it overwrites the original lockdownd file in there, THEN I re-name it to lockdown.back, but when I restart the phone hangs in the start-up apple logo and re-boots forever. I then have to restore and start all over.

So, couple of questions:

1) Did I do it right as above?

2) Should I rename lockdownd (notice the final D) to lockdownd.back OR lockdown.back (without the final D)

3) Should I rename it after droping it onto USR/Libexec so the original lockdownd file gets overwriten OR prior to droping it onto USR/Libexec so the original lockdownd file stays there as well.

Hey! Thanks a lot for this guide! Awesome work!!

Rick.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast