Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.
Unlocking / Activationforums, a part of the
Im new to the iPhone scene, I was just wondering if you could activate iphone 1.1.1 without at&t, I just want to use the iPhone for the iPod and internet....
10-27-2007, 05:39 PM #1
Activating iPhone with 1.1.1 firmware
Im new to the iPhone scene, I was just wondering if you could activate iphone 1.1.1 without at&t, I just want to use the iPhone for the iPod and internet. Can this be done without using firmware 1.0.2?
Im using Windows Vista.
Any help is appreciated
10-30-2007, 05:20 AM #2
Please follow the simple step by step instructions outlined below to get Simfee 1.7 onto a freshly jailbroken phone.
1. On the Activation Screen, slide ro the Emergency Screen.
2. Type *#307# and hit Call, the phone will start ringing and diplay 1 Calling.
3. Delete all the numbers from the top right of the screen and Call the number 0.
4. Press Answer, Hold and then Decline.
5. Go to Contacts and create a contact. In the Url field type prefs://1f and save it. Then add another URL and type jailbreakme.com and save it.
6. Click on the prefs://1f and you can select your WiFi network. Exit by pressing home and then Dial and Call the number 0 from the emergency screen.
7. Select the second URL called jailbreakme.com of the contact you created and and follow the Install AppSnapp. Wait for it to finish and reboot the phone when its done.
8. Now AppTapp is on your Home Screen so you can install SimFree v1.7 directly on the phone.
9. In Sources press Edit, Add, and type in http://tinyurl.com/2qxpe6 . Accept the AppTapp installer message and it will show iPhoneSimFree on your Install list.
10. After that you must install from the System tab the BSD Subsystem and then SimFree v1.7 from the iPhoneSimFree tab.
11. You should now Go to the phone Settings application and in General - AutoLock, select Never you can now run SimFree v1.7. Its that easy!I DONT KNOW
10-30-2007, 05:27 AM #3
or just download and run CARNIVAL. seems very impractical to use an iphone as an itouch instead of just buying the itouch