+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Totally Confused

is a discussion within the

Unlocking / Activation

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
So I am buying an iphone in the us taking it to india and plan to unlock it to use with the local carrier here and to jailbreak it to
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Totally Confused
    So I am buying an iphone in the us taking it to india and plan to unlock it to use with the local carrier here and to jailbreak it to install 3rd party apps. I have read all the information on here and the jail break process seems pretty somple the unlocking process requires you to have wifi access and stuff which i dont how do i unlock it succesfully to use any sim card !!! Please help, I have been reading through guides here and am totally confused

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Have you bought the iPhone yet? If so, what version is the firmware?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by achadha7 View Post
    So I am buying an iphone in the us taking it to india and plan to unlock it to use with the local carrier here and to jailbreak it to install 3rd party apps. I have read all the information on here and the jail break process seems pretty somple the unlocking process requires you to have wifi access and stuff which i dont how do i unlock it succesfully to use any sim card !!! Please help, I have been reading through guides here and am totally confused
    If you're totally confused and don't want to get into all the lengthy guides, buy a IPSF license and use Simfree version 1.6, you can unlock your iPhone in one simple step no matter what firmware version you have.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

1.1.1 and using windows, and not a us / att sim so what guide should i use ? no web access either !!