Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: IMEI# question

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Default IMEI# question
    I read somewhere that if your IMEI number is the same as in back of your phone means it has been unlocked with ipsf. Mine is the same but i never used IPSF, because i unlocked it and never bought the unlocker. Is this correct? thanks

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by eschompthis View Post
    I read somewhere that if your IMEI number is the same as in back of your phone means it has been unlocked with ipsf. Mine is the same but i never used IPSF, because i unlocked it and never bought the unlocker. Is this correct? thanks
    It's not true, the IMEI on your phone should always match the one engraved on the back. If it doesn't, there's a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by eschompthis View Post
    yeah, they got that one backwards. If your phone has been unlocked and updated then the imei will not match the one on the back of the phone

Question Hmm..
    Quote Originally Posted by Hackme View Post
    yeah, they got that one backwards. If your phone has been unlocked and updated then the imei will not match the one on the back of the phone
    "..will not match the one on the back of the phone"' IF the IPSF method was used, correct? I have an unlocked 8gb, and both IMEI#'s (in About and back of phone) match. Does that mean that I'll be able to use the devirginizing method that just came out to upgrade it to 1.1.1?
    8gb iPhone - Gray zCover case