+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: i messed up my iphone

is a discussion within the

Unlocking / Activation

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
Ya... I tried to follow a tutorial on how to unlock 1.1.1 one of the steps was to log into winscp than upgrade from 1.0.2 to 1.1.1 and after I
    Green Apple
    Thanks

Default i messed up my iphone
    Ya... I tried to follow a tutorial on how to unlock 1.1.1 one of the steps was to log into winscp than upgrade from 1.0.2 to 1.1.1 and after I did that.. it got ******.. now it just sits at the yellow triangle screen and says " please connect to itunes" and no matter what version i try to restore it to it wont work. It just ends up giving me an error.

any suggesstions? it really WONT restore.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by x0bry7x View Post
    Ya... I tried to follow a tutorial on how to unlock 1.1.1 one of the steps was to log into winscp than upgrade from 1.0.2 to 1.1.1 and after I did that.. it got ******.. now it just sits at the yellow triangle screen and says " please connect to itunes" and no matter what version i try to restore it to it wont work. It just ends up giving me an error.

any suggesstions? it really WONT restore.
    Download latest version of iBrckr, connect phone, select continue too boot iPhone... if screen turns RED, your GOOD! if Blue, follow steps below, if that doesnt work, or you perfer to start all over,... FOLLOW STEPS BELOW!

Download latest version of iBrckr.... connect phone, select downgrade to 1.0.2, screen on iPhone should turn white, open iTunes, hold shift, click restore, select your firmware 1.0.2 (should have a copy in iBrckr folder, if not, if on Windows, go to

Start -> Run -> and paste this " %USERPROFILE%\Application Data\Apple Computer\iTunes\iPhone Software Updates " without quotes!

Select the 1.0.2 firmware to ibrckr folder, let the restore perform, after reeboot, it should still say connect to itunes, in iBrckr, just select continue to boot iPhone, screen should turn RED, if so YOUR GOOD!
    - iPhone 8gig and 16gig 3G - 3.0 - JailBroken + Unlocked to T-Mobile Unlimited Plan & Total Internet Plan.
    - iPod Touch - UnJailBroken
    - XBOX 360 - Modded Firmware - XBL (my s/n)
    - XBOX - Software Modded - XBMC
    - Dell Inspiron 1521 - [B]Vista Ultimate and
    running Windows XP and Mac OS X 10.5.4 (YES! Mac OS on an Dell PC)

Green Apple
    Thanks

Um actually when i was having the problem, iBrickr couldn't even detect my phone but I found the solution to the problem.I found out that error 1604 is a connection problem. The following link shows how to fix it. http://modmyi.com/forums/showthread.php?t=11970

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

try and run the apptapp installer from windows.. it can kick your phone out of restore mode