+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: TouchFree v6 activated my phone

is a discussion within the

Unlocking / Activation

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
I was on virgin 1.0.2 unlocked with Erica's Unlock.app (i'm on Telcel Mexico) and jailbroken with the 1.0.2 lockdownd file. So today I decided to experiment. I read that touchfree
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Default TouchFree v6 activated my phone
    I was on virgin 1.0.2 unlocked with Erica's Unlock.app (i'm on Telcel Mexico) and jailbroken with the 1.0.2 lockdownd file.

So today I decided to experiment. I read that touchfree only jailbreaks, but doesn't activate if your not an AT&T customer.

So I followed the process of touchfree (to open up safari I used the contact homepage exploit). When I reached step 4 to restart the phone for the 3rd time it went to the springboard.

I was suprised to see that not did it only jailbreak, but now I have a fully activated 1.1.1. Going to try and unlock, will post results.

UPDATE:

I SSH'ed a lockdownd file for 1.1.1 file to /usr/libexec/, ran AnySIM 1.1.1 with my Telcel SIM card and voila, it worked. Now I have a fully unlocked 1.1.1. iTunes syncs with no problem. I fixed the 300 MB capacity problem by removing the symlink.
    Last edited by Destructo; 10-21-2007 at 10:25 PM. Reason: Update

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I had a simular experience with TouchFree... The one thing I did notice is that the normal +/- 110 MB I had for application installs was down to -/+ 60 MB.

What's the space you got left? The available space is indicated in the older version of Installer.app.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I don't have the old Installer.app so I can't say.

Can anyone help, I unlock with AnySim 1.1 but it can't find my network provider.

RESOLVED:

Works now =).
    Last edited by Destructo; 10-21-2007 at 10:26 PM. Reason: Resolved

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Im having the same problem i used the touchfree jailbreak method and used anysim 1.1 to unloock my phone. I didnt get any error messages. It Just wont pickup my T-Mobile signal. Can anyone help, thanks in advance.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    How do you guys get the phone activated? I also use the touchfree and get every pass execpt the phone is not activated because of not ATT customer.

I then try the rename the lockdown file and killall. Then my phone become really really slow and the home button is not responsing - take 1- 2 min to response. I force to do the restore again.

Any idea to get this pass. I am just one step away.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

i have a prepaid at&t sim, i just cant get my sim to be reconized when i put my T-Mobile sim in.

Green Apple
    Thanks

It's not actually been fully activated with TouchFree.

As far as I can figure out, TouchFree patches the phone so that the springboard works and you can launch apps. The actual 'Activation' of the phone and iPod hasn't taken place.

You'll need to do a forum search for "iasign 1.1.1"