Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Brand new "virgin" 1.1.1 iphone. Can i just jailbreak and unlock?

Default Brand new "virgin" 1.1.1 iphone. Can i just jailbreak and unlock?
    I have yet to see this question answered, so hopefully someone can help me out.

On a brand new phone factory sealed running 1.1.1 from jump, can I just jailbreak using independence 1.24 and then unlock using anysim, or do I have to downgrade to 1.02 and re-upgrade??????

Thanks

I did it just this week by running "touchfree". I am an AT&T customer so I did not need to unlock. Touchfree unlocked it and put apptapp on without problems.I have changed themes, carrier logo, added and removed apps and tweaks, installed summerboard and springboard (even the old versions necessitating a restore from itunes and another run through of touchfree). The only problems I have run into have been user error as my excitement caused me to not read how the older summerboard could screw things up.

thanks for the info, but i need to know about full sim unlock

Green Apple
    Thanks

I'd be interested in this too.

I've revirginised. Upgraded to 1.1.1. Used the one-click jailbreak method for Windows. Now I need to choose a SIM unlocker.. Which is safest to use? Does the latest AnySIM do what the previous versions did to the baseband?

Quote Originally Posted by mr_greedy View Post
    I'd be interested in this too.

I've revirginised. Upgraded to 1.1.1. Used the one-click jailbreak method for Windows. Now I need to choose a SIM unlocker.. Which is safest to use? Does the latest AnySIM do what the previous versions did to the baseband?
    wich is the one-click jaibreak method for windows?

Firstly the one-lick jailbreak for Windows is TouchFree. If you search you'll find the thread. Secondly the new anySIM will indeed unlock your phone through version 1.1.1.

Reako

iPhone? More like MyPhone taylorcold's Avatar
    Thanks

No, yu cant just use iNdependence 1.2.4 to jailbreak. iNdependence 1.2.4 has all the tools you need but you have to downgrade to 1.0.2, perform some steps which prepare your iPhone for the upgrade to 1.1.1. Get iNdependence 1.2.4 and look at the help section. There is an excellent step by step guide to get you through the process. iNdependence 1.2.4 even gets your SSH setup for running the new Anysim unlocking program.

Check the help file in iNdependence 1.2.4 It is a fantastic resource.

Thanks.. for the info.

So basically either way, A straight up 1.1.1 jailbreak unlock method is not yet available. If i have to go back down to 1.02 then I mine as well just stay down there and unlock it using iunlock