Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Simple questions before upgrading 1.1.1 through IPSF

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Default Simple questions before upgrading 1.1.1 through IPSF
    I have unlocked my iphone on version 1.02 through IPSF if i update it to 1.1.1
    will the baseband of my iphone will be modified and what is the first step if i update to 1.1.1 HOW WILL I ACTIVATE IT is it activation first and then jailbreaking wat.......do i need to downgrade to 1.0.2 after updating THANKS

Green Apple
    Thanks

From all that I've read you should be fine.. The IPSF method doesn't break the baseband in the same way as the AmySIM method.

I'm in the same boat as you now though. I've got a 1.0.2 unlocked with IPSF (not the 'official' version - it's the 'free' version that people have been using to revirginise), and wish to update to 1.1.1..

Only problem is I don't know what happens after this. The Jailbreak procedure and Activation procedures seem a little clouded at the moment (much like re-virginising was until late last night), so I'm worried I could bugger up my phone if I try anything..

Worse, lots of people seem to be AT&T customers, so naturally their phones will activate fine. I'm in the UK, so can't use my AT&T SIM in iTunes..

Ho hum.