+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Updating an Iphone Unlocked with IPSF (from 1.0.2 to 1.1.1)

is a discussion within the

Unlocking / Activation

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
After the whole downgrading thing and unlocking my phone with the new IPSF, I activated it via independence and works great with T-mobile. Now I wanted to update to 1.1.1.
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Updating an Iphone Unlocked with IPSF (from 1.0.2 to 1.1.1)
    After the whole downgrading thing and unlocking my phone with the new IPSF, I activated it via independence and works great with T-mobile. Now I wanted to update to 1.1.1. because I read somewhere that this would be ok (without risk of unlocking the phone). Seller says I can just click on update on itunes and I'll be fine, but he has never done this before.
    Has someone done this, and is it that simple (or are there other steps involved) ?
    Tks a lot for input.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    i'm oso interested to know..

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

If you are a mac user, it's relativity straightforward I recommend you use http://code.google.com/p/independence/ independence, you will need to do the pre 1.1.1 update, run the update from itune and jailbreak 1.1.1. You won't need to run ipsf again.

the instructions are quite clear from the independence docs.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

if i dunn have mac ??

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I did the same thing you want to do. I actually upgraded to 1.1.1 but couldn't activate afterwards, so I had to downgrade again to 1.0.2, then opened iNdependence 1.2.4 and did a pre-upgrade. Then I connected to itunes and upgraded and finished the whole activation/jailbreak. Afterwards I reinstalled IPSF via iNdependence through the customize option. After I ran it, it said my phone was already unlocked. Everything works fine, the only problem is that my IMEI is different. It's now 01 124500 84........
    Wierd.
    If anyone knows why this is happening and how can this get solved I would appreciate if they let me know

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

So you need to reactivate the phone after the upgrade ?